Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • OT: Wierd iPad Behaviour
  • boblo
    Free Member

Dunno if it’s fat fingers but all my bookmarks have been abducted this morning…. I don’t recall responding to a ‘do you really really really want to delete all you bookmarks you numpty?’ question.

I know nothing about the world of the ‘I’. How do I get them back please?

MartynS

Shut down the browser app completely then re open… Mine does this sometimes and the old off and on again seems to work..

CountZero

Mine did it the other evening, and has done it once before. Shut it off, switch it back on again. 😀

boblo
    Free Member

Ooo, like Windowz then 🙂 Thankyou, ’tis back. Anyway to back these up to iCloud save anything annoying happening to them?

McHamish
    Free Member

This happens to my wife’s mini ipad regularly…but hasn’t happened once to my man sized ipad.

McHamish
    Free Member

Anyway to back these up to iCloud save anything annoying happening to them?

Yes.

Go to settings and choose ‘iCloud’ and switch on Safari.

Not sure if that will fix it, but I share bookmarks across all my apple devices.

CountZero

Just sync to iTunes, it’ll do a back-up automatically. Then, if you have to do a restoration to factory settings, you have a back-up to return it to your current setup. It pays to keep back-ups fresh; I had an issue with mine last week, and inadvertently set it to do a complete return to factory settings. Fine, except my last back-up was February… 😳
    That’ll teach me.
    As you say, just like Windows! Pretty much anything with a computer in it needs it doing occasionally, my Sky+ box does, and I have it on very good authority that warship radar/sonar systems do, too!

MrsToast
    Free Member

Happens on my iPad 2 once or twice a month. A reboot fixes it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘OT: Wierd iPad Behaviour’ is closed to new replies.