Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • OT (very) Keane back to Spurs?
  • Jenga
    Free Member

Robbie Keane is not even on the Liverpool bench today. Rumour has it that he’s on his way back to Spurs.

An expensive failure?

Snigletrack
    Free Member

Not really a failure, that’s just what happens when a manager is forced to buy a player he doesn’t want.

Snigle
    :o(

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Just hasn’t settled in, has he. Only so much time a club can allow a player to ‘fit in’. Torres was scoring goals from the off. Crouch took a while, but then he didn’t cost £20 million.

An expensive failure? No, but an expensive player that hasn’t lived up to expectations.

Mind, that goal against Arsenal; that showed he is class. If Liverpool do sell him, then they should be looking at getting in a World-Class striker as replacement. Hmm, which candidates, though? Drogba? David Villa? Robinho?

Personally, I’d rather see LFC get players like Amir Zaki, and Peter Crouch. No,no, wait, listen; those two would leave change from the sale of Keane, and definitely offer more options.

Not on the short-list: Darren Bent, Mido, Nicklas Bendtner, El Hadji Diouf, Adi Akinbayi…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

OOh, check out Cardiff-Arse…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Cor, you want ‘spensive failure’? Apparently, Spuds are interested in Sunderland’s Kenwyne Jones, and are offering £6million…..

…..and Darren Bent! Now that is one monumental devaluation!

Garry_Lager

He’s been a huge failure, of course. He’s a good, second tier striker who should get 10-15 league goals a season, but he’ll be scarred by his experiences at the tin mine for sure.

Darren Bent is on 90K a week apparently. Darren Bent. 90K. Agree he looks poor now but he would be a world beater at Everton. David Moyes would get him to met his potential nae bother. I doubt we could afford even a quarter of his wages mores the pity.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

15 minutes, boys… 😯

tails
    Free Member

garry, your very right about bent at everton, it’s a shame he’s wasted at spurs. i remember him being decent at charlton. That header he missed other week if that was rooney, fergie would not have publicly humiliated him and he’d probably go on to score a brace the next week. Under a good manager such as a moyes at everton or bruce at wigan, i reckon bent would get you 15 to 20 a season.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Very, very disappointing. Well played by Everton, though, to keep it to 1-1, but a disappointing result for Liverpool, who are definitely in a bit of a slump. We need to pick up the pace a lot. Beating Wigan on Wednesday is imperative.

Garry_Lager

Such a ballsy performance by the Blues – we basically gave Liverpool the ball for 90 mins and said ‘there you go lads, see what you can do with that’. Not much. Just for a laugh, why don’t we bring on a couple of lads about to sit their GCSEs?

Liverpool are basically Fulham plus two world class players, so you just have to accept that big Stevie or Amanda will hurt you soon or later. Annoying that it was such a soft goal. When’s the replay? If we don’t have Arteta back I think we may actually find it more difficult at home – but there’s encouraging precedent from 91 when we last ended a Liverpool era.

Smee
    Free Member

Its the same problem that we have had for years – not enough quality creative players. You can have the best strikers on the planet, but if they aint getting the service…

Kuyt isn’t a winger. Riera is OK, but hardly a world beater. Babel isn’t driven enough.

trailmonkey

Liverpool are basically Fulham plus two world class players

I like that 😆

Smee
    Free Member

Garry-Lager -hmmmm. Better name for you would have been Gary_Bitter. Do you think Everton will bring out a commemorative DVD of this game?

pk-ripper
    Free Member

babel was crap again. 11.5 million of one trick pony. And a pretty rubbish trick at that.

I would love to see Kenwyne Jones or Amr Zaki playing off Torres, with Gerrard supporting in front of masch and alonso. That would be a lot of goals, and a hell of a threat to defences everywhere.

Garry_Lager

🙂 Very good – the commerative DVD line. You must be the 724th person to post that online today. Take a look at redandwhitecop to see who’s bitter why don’t you? FuckKuytBabeldefensiveRafa-tastic!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

So, if “Liverpool are basically Fulham plus two world class players”, what on Earth are Everton? Leyton Orient, with one or two Championship players??

I don’t think it’s too bad, really. Right up there for the title, always good in Yerp, and often in for a cup or two.

Faith, lads; faith. Come on, could be worse…

…We could be a team that’s forever been in the shadow of their far more successful and illustrious rivals…

..no, not Spurs, or Man Shitty!

jimmy

Its the same problem that we have had for years

On the payroll are we? 🙂

Roll on the replay. Fellaini and hopefully Arteta back to cause some havoc for us.

Smee
    Free Member

Garry_Bitter – 724 is probably prety accurate – being a bitter you have probably been sitting counting all of them.

Jimmy – away back and support your small club. 😀

trailmoggy
    Free Member

i bet there is’nt a scouser among you

Smee
    Free Member

And your point is?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Some of my mum’s family were from Merseyside. Hence this Londoner being a Reds fan.

Only little teams have all their fans from the local area. The popularity of big clubs is global.

jimmy

Jimmy – away back and support your small club. [:D]

*bites tongue*

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘OT (very) Keane back to Spurs?’ is closed to new replies.