Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • OT: ebay sniping?
  • nicko74

Has anyone used an ebay sniping tool they can recommend? I’m on a plane when something I want as a Christmas present for someone is coming up to close, and (IME) last minute bids tend to be the most likely winners.

As I’ll be offline, probably web-based one is the best solution.

breadcrumb

I use Gixen, got me a few bargains in the past.

st

I use lotsnipe, there’s a free option that worked for my low useage.

Markie
    Free Member

I use ezsniper (following a recommendation on here years ago), think its great.

https://www.ezsniper.com

I_Ache
    Free Member

Why not just bid what you are willing to pay and eBay will do the rest?

2bit

+1 Gixen

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Ez sniper here.

I use it because there is always some fool with

More money than me
    Wants it more than me
    More stupid than me.

If I reveal my had too early, I will almost always be outbid.

If I reveal my hand in the last three seconds, there is little chance of being outbid, unless my bid simply wasn’t enough in which case, stick it.

Also, people usually bid in small increments rather than whopping big increases on what is already the highest bid.

How many times have you been out bid by a £1 one two only to think, another £1.50 and I’d have had that! Well, why didn’t you bid that extra amount in the first place? Because people usually don’t, that’s where sniper things come in useful. Steam in at the last second and nick the item.

I just won a nice (hopefully Anyway) turntable for less than £70, they usually fetch between £200 and £350. I got it for that because I sniped and the other bidder (s) we’re going up in small increments. I steamed in there and annoyed them by throwing in a much bigger bid with no time allowed for them to react.

I bet the bidder under me was kicking himself thinking it’s mine it’s mine, oh, hang on….d’oh.

Oh how I laughed.

chvck
    Free Member

Also, people usually bid in small increments rather than whopping big increases on what is already the highest bid.

That’s probably ebay auto-bidding. I generally just stick in what I’m prepared to pay and ebay will bid incremental amounts for me upto my max bid.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Auction Stealer works well for me.

batfink
    Free Member

I have used Bidnapper in the past – worked pretty well

jamesfuller
    Free Member

I’m sometimes very happy there are snipers on ebay, all those things I bid on when i get excited looking at the picture to only to realise its the wrong fit/size/or just the other end of the country or That in the week an auction goes on for Iv had another change of plan and just dont want them.

nicko74

Cheers all, much appreciated.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

You might appear to have lost the auction by £1 but you have no way of knowing the winners maximum bid as eBay auto bids in small increments (search eBay help for “bid increments” which explains how this works). They could have bid £100 more in reality.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘OT: ebay sniping?’ is closed to new replies.