• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by aP.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • OT: Digital photography help needed
  • menace
    Free Member

Hi

Need some basic digital photography help. I have managed to accumulate digital cameras from Olympus, Sony and Camera all of which I use for different things. As a result I have 3 different photo download packages which all store the pictures in different formats. Can I get one package that will recognise all the cameras and download the pictures in the same format in the same place. I dont need anything fancy as only for basic home use – as you can probably tell I am no expert !!

Thanks

mikey74
    Free Member

You should be able to set them to use jpeg format which is a standard format.

Are they compact camera?

crazy-legs

Adobe Photoshop Elements (current one is version 7) or Corel PaintShop Pro Ultimate X2 both have RAW and JPEG ‘fetching’ software that recognises most cameras on the market – I just download via a card reader rather than direct off the camera, that way I can choose what software to use and it won’t automatically open/save the pics with the Canon software that is also installed.

menace
    Free Member

Thanks guys just ordered a card reader from Amazon – don’t know why I didn’t think of this before but sounds like the answer

aP
    Free Member

I use a mac, as that makes it all very easy, but when at work I just connect whichever camera I’ve used directly via usb cable and copy the images directly from the folder (camera) to a new folder on my pc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘OT: Digital photography help needed’ is closed to new replies.