Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • OT: Cisco gurus?
  • verses

Totally OT but…

I have a new Cisco 2921 Gateway running IOS 15.4 and a new ISDN interface card.

I’ve inserted the ISDN card into slot 0 of the 2921 but I’m not seeing the expected ISDN related commands at the prompt.

When I boot the box I can see the ISDN card listed and when I do a “show diag” it’s listed there too.

However “show interfaces” doesn’t list it and BRI isn’t listed as an option when attempting to configure interfaces…

Where’ve I gone wrong????

footflaps

Cisco novice here, do you know that that version of Ios supports the new card? If not, it won’t know what to do with it…..

verses

The new gateway is on 15.4 and the one that it’s replacing was running 12.x and that supported the same model of card, so I think it should support it.

verses

Thanks for the link, I’ve worked through it but am non-the-wiser.

There’s a link to a Software Advisor on there but that crashes part way through 👿

After a bit more poking and prodding I think it may be a feature licensing issue, although I’ve no idea how to resolve it…

Thanks anyhow.

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

yeah you may not have the appropriate license to use it – do a show ver and it’ll tell you what you’re on and the next one up.

your level of sfotware probably doesn’t support it

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

you got a Cisco login for their portal? if so you can check here:
    cisco licensing
    and get the appropriate license if necessary

somouk
    Free Member

If you don’t have the licensed version then just ring Cisco support and they will advise you on where to get the appropriate license. It’s just a case of updating it then and it will unlock the feature.

verses

Thanks for the pointers. I’ve passed it on to our IT support guys who are going to contact Cisco.

At least it wasn’t me just being a numpty 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘OT: Cisco gurus?’ is closed to new replies.