Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • OT: Bath Mat – where from???
  • DickBarton

Needing to get an non-slip bath mat for the bath now that our daughter is starting to play in the bath…she seems to like floating around and kicking/splashing but also likes to sit and play with the toy ducks…but she keeps slipping around.

So I need a non-slip bath mat and have no idea where to get one from…recommendations please…thanks.

chakaping
    Free Member

TK Maxx if there’s one near you.

doc_blues
    Free Member

woolworths…oh…they did good ones -really grippy non stick and only about £2

we tried a couple and found that some of the fancy looking ones (which were also quite shiny) were still really slippy and the boy kept slipping everywhere – the woolies one is dull, beigey coloured and much less slippy

TK maxx is good idea – what about homebase or b&q or large sainsburies / tesco?

what i would really like is a bath mat that does the full length of the bath – our boy always seems to move off of it and ends up slipping still

wwaswas

we used one of these with our two – it means you don’t have to crouch over the bath holding them up all the time.

(not sure how old your one is).

another solution is a bit of Jif/Zif on the bath before they get in – the little grainy bits make an ideal non slip surface 😉

druidh
    Free Member

We got sticky rubber shapes (shells actually) and put them randomly on the bottom of the bath. I’ve yet to come across a “suckered” bath mat which stays stuck down very well.

Drac

Asda.

midlifecrashes

Wilkinsons if you’ve got one, or Argos

DickBarton

wwaswas – got one of those but she tends to float and then gets uncomfy – 8 months old so just started moving around more than just floating…

DickBarton

Will check Homebase at lunchtime…thanks for the tips folks, I’ve never had to buy anything like this before so have no idea where to look for or really what to ask for – if I ask for a non-slip bath mat amd I going to get laughed at?!!!

doc_blues
    Free Member

druidh – we used sticky rubber shapes for a while whilst he was small, but as he got bigger we found they were too slippery – which what my elderly and slightly dotty mother found when she came to stay and used them instead of the bath matt – one large crash later saw me and my dad having to lift her up when she had fallen over in the bath (shes over 20 stone and has bad mobility as you can imagine – not a pretty sight – I dont think you are ever meant to see you mother naked after a certain age)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘OT: Bath Mat – where from???’ is closed to new replies.