Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Osprey Raptor?
  • FOG

Anybody bought or even seen one? I was hoping it might be the one pack to rule them all and end my search for the holy grail, the perfect pack.
    I went in to my local Osprey shop and they had just had a delivery and a visit from the rep but aren,t stocking them, so where can I see/buy one ?

Sim

It is a fantastic pack, if you're in the Calder valley at any point you're free to inspect my sack. :-0

FOG

That's an offer I can't refuse!

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

We had one in the office the other day. I'd really, really like one. lots of nice features (like the helmet holder – so simple, works brill), the magnetic retainer on the hose, the bladder has a clip to stop it sliding down to the bottom of the pack (easier to use than the camebak hook/loop version.

Material it's made from feels quite light duty, reminded me of spinnaker cloth in places, but does have reinforcement in wear areas. Overall it looks extremely well made as good if not better than camelbak.

I'd get one if I could justify replacing my current pack, which I can't, at least not to Mrs JB. 🙁

StuE
    Free Member

Only place I could find listing them online was this place http://www.countryside.co.uk/osprey/rucksacks/hydration_packs#products , but they have none in stock, not much point in designing and producing something if you can't get it anywhere.

sillyoldman

They are a new release for spring 2010, so they should start appearing early March.

rideit
    Free Member

As above they are due in stock any time now, we have had one to use for the last 5 months, yes, fabric looks, feels and is light, but appears to be durable. It is proving to be a very good sac, comfortable, loads of adjustment. Bladder is easy to remove and re fit. Magnetized bite valve mount is great and works well. Not cheap but actually great value as they work so well. The best helmet holder I have ever used. Check out images here http://www.biketreks.net/2150/products/Osprey_Raptor_10.aspx

rideit
    Free Member

check out the zoom function in full screen to see details

The zoom is amazing in full screen. Why does it start with the image off centre?

When are these due in?

I have three of the Ospray packs, but this cycle specific one looks awesome. Do they come with a bladder?

Neil @ Fawkes Cycles

rideit
    Free Member

As we speak, Osprey has landed in stock, most sizes models and colours
    andy@biketreks

willsimmons
    Free Member

Do the 10 or 14 have waist belt pockets for gels/bars? It looks like it but it is a little difficult to tell for certain from the photos – I haven't seen a zip!

rideit
    Free Member

Small packs have a 'pouch' in the waist belt that is slightly elasticated larger packs do have a zip top.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

been waiting for these! is the reservoir semi rigid/free standing? not clear from the pic on there but I am sure I read that it was supposed to be?

willsimmons
    Free Member

Rideit, which models constitute a 'larger pack'?

rideit
    Free Member

Sorry about the delay in replying very busy……The Manta has zipped waist belt pockets, and is more of an all round pack.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I am after a mid sized pack & the Osprey Raptor 10 looks ideal, nice to see more good alternatives to Camebaks.

FuzzyWuzzy

Does anyone know if the helmet holder can cope with a Spesh Deviant or if it only works with lightweight XC lids?

Hoping someone near Bristol will stock them as well as want to see them in the flesh and work out what size one to get.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Osprey Raptor?’ is closed to new replies.