Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Osprey after-sales service…
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

… very impressed.

Wanted to see if I could get a replacement part for my Zealot. Rang them up expecting to pay but they just sent one out. I didn’t think service like this still existed.

Great pack too.

Superficial
    Free Member

Awesome. My next bike bag will be from Osprey. I’m really impressed with my Osprey rucksack I use for commuting.

Camelbak basically turned around and said ‘***k off’ when I wanted some help for my 18 month old bag that fell apart. So much for their ‘got your bak’ warranty.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I wasn’t sure about the Zealot when looking for a new pack but got it to add alongside my MULE for all day rides – use it now even just for short blasts. Great bit of kit.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mattjg
    Free Member

The chest strap buckle on my Osprey is a silly design and broke, leaving it near useless. Osprey sent me a replacment FOC which I appreciate, tho a better design that didnn’t break with a bit of use would have been preferred.

bullroar
    Free Member

Great kit, fantastic service. I broke one of the zip pull loops the first time I used my bag. Sent them an mail and 2 days later a pack of 5 arrived in the post.

wrecker
    Free Member

I had the same. Brilliant service. Shame the magnetic clip thing doesn’t work though.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Totally agree. Very impressive after sales service.

I have a two year old Raptor 14, which I’ve been massively impressed with. A zip pull broke. I emailed them about it. They sent me out 4 replacements which arrived the next day.

A few weeks later I wrote back to them informing them my bite valve was leaking. They told me they are available to buy in the shops but sent me one anyway. Again, arrived the next day.

Awesome pack. Awesome service. I’ll be looking to buy another Raptor (especially now the tool pack is in the base) at some point this year.

rOcKeTdOg

So impressive aftersales on items that constantly break or are poorly designed? I think I’d want the item to be reliable more

wrecker
    Free Member

Gotta be honest, I wouldn’t buy another. I like the helmet bungee thing but the zip loops are far too big and snag easily, the magnet thing either doesn’t work or only works for a short while and the belt is flimsy.

tonyd

No idea what model but I have a couple of Osprey packs, one daypack and another for the bike, and cannot fault them for design or durability.

Customer service is great too. I ripped my bike pack coming off the bike and mailed them to see if they sold repair patches. They asked me what colour it is and sent me a big patch FOC. It probably cost them little or nothing but I’ll buy another of their packs because of that (and the fact I think they’re very good).

markrtw
    Free Member

I have the latest 2013 Raptor 14 and cannot fault it. Magnet works for me and I’ve had no problems. I got it from Go Outdoors as they have a price match + 10% policy, so I got them to match the cheapest I could find on-line at the time (Tredz, who were £59.99 – I had originally bought one from Tredz, but they could not supply it for 2 months), so it came to about £54. Bargain tastic!

JoeG
    Free Member

I bought a Zealot early this year to replace my 5 year old MULE NV. When it arrived, the finish on the magnet was flaking off. I emailed Osprey, and a new one was in the mail right away.

nickc

This must be a different Osprey, they more or less said “so **** what” when my gf’s osprey bladder started leaking after 6 months of light use.

allthepies
    Free Member

I like my Raptor pack (and the magnetic do-hickey works 🙂 )

Things which could be better:-

1. The zips appear fragile and piddly (mine haven’t broken but they don’t ooze confidence)
    2. Ditto the strap buckles.
    3. A thicker waist strap please.

jameso

good to hear .. total opposite of my experience, was told to do one with a 10mth old bladder that leaked through the fabric somehow (

This must be a different Osprey, they more or less said “so **** what” when my gf’s osprey bladder started leaking after 6 months of light use.

same as this ..

dan1980
    Free Member

I think Osprey recently got rid of the people what used to handle their after sales service, and started doing it themselves.

The lot I had to deal with (who also dealt with Mountain Hardware stuff at the time) were a proper shower, and I’ve not bought anything Osprey MHW since. I might try Osprey again going by these comments.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

My Osprey Momentum is what makes my commute something to enjoy instead of endure. Great for using as hand luggage when on trips abroad to transport your helmet as well!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

So impressive aftersales on items that constantly break or are poorly designed? I think I’d want the item to be reliable more

That was my immediate thought on reading the comments above. This thread has made me less likely to buy an Osprey bag than before.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Osprey after-sales service…’ is closed to new replies.