Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • OSMM – wireless computers at start
  • votchy
    Free Member

My wireless computer showed me travelling at 87mph whilst my bike was hung on the rack in the pits area, anyone else have interference from the wireless mikes etc?

Was quite impressed after 2 laps to have done 35.49 miles in under 3hrs 😀

onewheelgood

Mine only went at 48 while in the rack. Did 7 miles on its own while I was waiting for changeover. Never did find out where it had been.

bigsi
    Free Member

One of our team mates had this happen to her’s as well but we put it down to the fact that she took a wrong turn and did an extra few miles very quickly which also explains the extra distance & fast speed 😕

crazy-legs

It’s the timing mats and probably also the large amounts of metal piping, wiring and the great big speakers, it alweays screws up wireless computers. Mine would read 74mph every time I crossed the line.

It sometimes works on railings as well, I remember leaning the bike outside a bike shop in London once and the computer went haywire due to being next to these iron railings. By the time I came out the shop, the bike had done 12 miles!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Wirless comps are cack and thats from experience, I wouldn’t use one again.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I remember trying to get a customer’s wireless computer to work, years back. Bloody thing. We tried all sorts, but it was only when we put it on another bike, that we found out what was causing the problem. It seemed to be the front disc brake. That particular model just woon’t work with disc brakes. Weird.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘OSMM – wireless computers at start’ is closed to new replies.