Viewing 40 posts - 6,281 through 6,320 (of 12,715 total)
  • Osbourne says no to currency union.
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Who FNF?

No one can complain about rehashing yS terminology!!! No guesses why the word slips so easily off his tongue….

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

Similarly you cannot really blame AS for doing the things that will do benefit his campaign the most even if a portion of that is to appeal to base nationalism.

True. But I can say that he has failed to sell a rational case for independence to Scots according to the polls. I don’t see people changing their minds that much in the months to come either.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Exactly FNF. It’s going to be tough to get this to 7k now (even with plenty of trolly padding).

aracer
    Free Member

Now I’m really confused. What exactly is the point of this vote if Scotland is already independent from the UK?

Junkyard
    Free Member

THM the troll claim [ NOM NOM NOM] is tragic
    Here is the point that is not beyond you [ except to defend obviously hence the ad hom whilst claiming only I do it}
    your starter for 10 ….best of luck with it
    So dispatches was it like how you described it or how they described it?
    How is that a troll?
    Go on explain how my point is incorrect ? you cannot and we all know it hence you play the man.

You were doing your hyperbolic thing [ lies you would call it were AS to do it] and you know there is no credible way to explain it.

Its amusing to have you two call me troll and claiming i had a near mental breakdown …but its just me doing the trolling name calling stuff eh

As credible and believable as anything else you type.
    As for bully I dont think i have accuse anyone of bullying on this thread o rthis forum so that would be a straw man faster 😛

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

JY I would never call you a troll. I did call you a nat once though 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Thanks for the respect 😀

aracer
    Free Member

Well for that you get one of these:

because faster didn’t suggest you’d accused anybody of bullying

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

(feel free to ignore me as I’ve no idea what’s going on in your argument with fnf and thm and don’t want to know – but couldn’t resist the opportunity)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I think someone has been on the tipple – either that or paranoia/self delusion. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Aracer guilty as charged …goes to sit on the dunces step for a while * 😳

THM was the starter for 10 too hard you had to play the man yet again

Insults is all you have to offer whilst claiming i troll … the DO one has nothing on your BS

* he did suggest i would object to bullying when I have never accused anyone of bullying . I am not sure how anyone can bully anyone on here tbh though THM seems to be giving it a try [ unless of course i am just being drunkenly paranoid that he is having repeated digs at me]
    Shall we see what the evidence points to THM 😉

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

JY bullied me when I proved him wrong about the trams though. I mean I like totally pwned the guy and he just wouldn’t let it go.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

You get used to it. Imagine being trolled about a TV programme you clearly stated that you didn’t watch!! It’s beyond desperate. Best not to feed FNF but even that doesn’t work as you can see clearly.

bencooper
    Free Member

Now I’m really confused. What exactly is the point of this vote if Scotland is already independent from the UK?

Yes, you are. Scotland at the moment is not independent, so all Scots pay into the UK pension fund. Once Scotland is independent, then Scots will pay into a Scottish pension fund.

However, there will still be a pension liability for the rUK to cover those payments that Scots made into the UK pension fund before independence. On the date of independence, Scotland will have zero pension liability because there will have been no payments into the Scottish pension fund yet.

athgray
    Free Member

JY, is AS the “leader of the current state wanting independence?” You seem to be succumbing to nobody is voting “no” syndrome.

aracer
    Free Member

Is Scotland not benefiting from those payments as part of the UK?

However, there will still be a pension liability

Not planning on taking your share of the liabilities then?

bencooper
    Free Member

Is Scotland not benefiting from those payments as part of the UK?

Yes, of course – pensioners in Scotland receive their pensions from the UK. And that will continue after independence.

Not planning on taking your share of the liabilities then?

Depends if we get a share of the assets – it’s a good negotiation point. I assume there will be some negotiation along the lines of Scotland taking over the pension liabilities in return for substantial assets.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ben, please tell me that you are not planning your own pension on the basis of that view. If so, please see an advisor quickly!

THE Scottish Government’s plans for pensions in an independent Scotland amount to the “biggest mis-selling scandal in history”, according to the chairman of the Scottish Affairs Committee.

You have been warned. Please don’t fall for yet more lies when it comes to you pension. Seriously (STW joking apart, this is a serious piece of advice if you are exposed)

bencooper
    Free Member

This is, of course, all about state pensions. I’m pretty much assuming there won’t be a state pension by the time I get to retire, if I ever do.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m sure iS will get its fair share of the assets (though not a share of things which aren’t assets) in return for taking on its fair share of the liabilities. I don’t think anybody sensible has ever suggested otherwise, though some delusional people have suggested walking away from the liabilities.

Or does “substantial” imply you were expecting more than that – in which case let me remind you of the Edinburgh agreement.

Junkyard
    Free Member

JY bullied me when I proved him wrong about the trams though. I mean I like totally pwned the guy and he just wouldn’t let it go.

Very funny at least THM bought it 😉
    I will leave him in ignorance there as he will only call me names if I explain.

You get used to it. Imagine being trolled about a TV programme you clearly stated that you didn’t watch!!

Are you trying to deceive the good people of STW with that or have you just forgotten?
    Your account is as misleading as an AS on currency and we know what you think of that.

Dodgy yS practices on C4 at 8

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/osbourne-says-no-to-currency-union/page/177#post-6146200
    You said
    My reply

Rather ironic what the dispatches website says

Antony Barnett goes on the campaign trail with both sides of the Scottish independence debate to investigate claims of dubious tactics and misinformation.
    My emphasis obviously.

So both sides not just one…I think I know which you think comes out best without either of us bothering to watch it

Was your description an accurate description or a misleading one? No amount of calling me names will change the fact you were biased in your description and I am not sure why you are responding like this tbh. Its not even that a big a deal beyond your obfuscation tbh.
    Now what do you say when AS does this sort of thing?

Y, is AS the “leader of the current state wanting independence?” You seem to be succumbing to nobody is voting “no” syndrome.

well i also said CMD was the leader of the ones who wanted to keep the union and not everyone there does.

Yes your point is correct but i find it hard to believe you did not know what I meant. It would have been more accurate to say they are the heads of the states involved or affected.
    Of course many are voting no and i would imagine it is still the majority.

Junkyard
    Free Member

some delusional people have suggested walking away from the liabilities.

i think they have suggested it as threat during negotiations I dont think anyone has ever thought they would do it not even on here .

athgray
    Free Member

JY. They are not heads of any state either. (Yet).

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont think you are struggling to get my point even if you find my language use clumsy – you will always have a point on that front 😉

aracer
    Free Member

I imagine some of the electorate think they will, which we all seem to be agreed is the whole point of saying such things.

Though of course I was only using it as an opportunity to call him delusional 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

For a moment then i got paranoid and thought you meant me 😉

ninfan
    Free Member

Doh! – and this is in a constituency held by SNP since 1987… 😳

http://www.moray.gov.uk/moray_news/news_93837.html

A mock independence referendum by senior pupils from secondary schools in Moray resulted in a sizeable majority voting No.

The overall result was: Yes 29%, No 71%.

Individual school results were:

Buckie High – Yes 52%, No 48%
    Elgin Academy – Yes 22%, No 78%
    Elgin High – Yes 34%, No 66%
    Forres Academy – Yes 21%, No 79%
    Keith Grammar – Yes 40%, No 60%
    Lossiemouth High – Yes 25%, No 75%
    Milne’s High – Yes 26%, No 74%
    Speyside High – Yes 29%, No 71%

The total of 964 votes cast represented a turnout of 56.3%.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@ben – there is no such thing as a UK pension fund. The amount and number of years you “pay-in” via National Insurance determines how much pension you get upon retirement (subject to any changes the government care to make between now and then). As stated by others current tax payers (ie us) pay current pensions. When we retire we have to hope the future taxpayers are going to do the same for us and/or that the intervening governments doesn’t change the rules. I am pretty sure there is no contractual obligation to pay a future state pension whether that be for us in the UK or for independent Scots.

jambalaya
    Free Member

TMH surely the Central bank of Scotland would guaranty the deposits of Scottish Banks (assuming they set some up), certainly a headache as that would be a foreign currency guaranty but that’s possible yes ?

aracer
    Free Member

Assuming they set up a central bank. That doesn’t seem to be part of the plan
    http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/salmond-bank-of-england-will-be-iscotlands-central-bank.1400425586

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aracer – blimey, that can’t be the plan surely ! A country governing itself with no financial system ? Where are they going to put the tax receipts and how is the government debt going to work ?

athgray
    Free Member

Better Together must have got to the younger voters 🙂 They are clearly not fooled by yes propaganda. Perhaps it is true that the older you are, the more right wing you become.

ninfan
    Free Member

Athgrey, yes, you have to wonder if Alex’s gerrymandering of the voting age might just blow up in his face?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

@aracer – blimey, that can’t be the plan surely !

Are you new here jambas!!!! 😀

It really does begger belief. The depressing thing is that BT should be able to say, look guys grow up, come back with a sensible plan that at least vaguely works and then let’s have a sensible discussion. They started to do this by saying, look it’s blindingly obvious that a CU doesn’t work under these terms (frankly for either side) and that gets em rolled in the subterfuge of currencies and assets for a while but even the DO seems to have finally dropped that charade.

But this is where the Farrage analogy IS relevant. Both players are past masters at this tactic and know full well that you cannot take these BS arguments apart in a TV debate context. That is why they use them (and use them well). At the very least pointing out the bleeding obvious that you cant have both your oatcakes and eat them is so easy to dismiss as negativity and therefore becomes a vote loser. YS and UKIP have utilised this tactic will considerable success to date. As admirable as that is tactically, it is a disaster in terms of the implications in the real world.

Fortunately not enough people have swallowed either to make a real difference but the threat is there

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Is The Emperor’s New Clothes on the Highers curriculum for literature? It would make sense. The younger generation can be remarkably good judges of character.

athgray
    Free Member

ninfan I have been fairly impressed by many responses from some young first time voters when asked about the referendum on the radio. I think many are more interested in the social ties to people their age around the uk, than they are about pure politics. Remember Thatcher is not the boogieman to them that she is with my generation and older.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Blimey, now it’s the OBR laying the boot in.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/401fa55a-0817-11e4-9afc-00144feab7de.html#axzz376IX09oL

At this rate I might start feeling sorry for the poor deceitful one. To rally so many against him must be very disheartening. Poor wee hen!

konabunny
    Free Member

Yes, of course – pensioners in Scotland receive their pensions from the UK. And that will continue after independence.

It won’t work out that way – there will be an intergovernmental agreement that shifts liability onto the Scottish state. There will be a bundle of things that need to be resolved. There isn’t a pensions fund in the UK so that’s not really any such thing as “paying into” the system. There’s no way that the UK will end up paying every existing Scottish pensioner’s pension after independence – I’ll bet a week’s state pension payment on it.

Also – if iScotland had Salmond (an ex-banker) as new PM, no pension system in place and not existing pension fund, that is just inviting the creation of an innovative, flexible (privatized) national pensions arrangement. Be careful what you wish for – Scotland might not turn out to be the Scandinavian social democratic republic you people[\i] are predicting!

piemonster

A non paywall version of THMs oil forecast article

herald

And the Hoots take on it

piemonster

There’s no way that the UK will end up paying every existing Scottish pensioner’s pension after independence – I’ll bet a week’s state pension payment on it.

The way the UK is heading on Pensions, that’s not much of a bet.

Viewing 40 posts - 6,281 through 6,320 (of 12,715 total)

The topic ‘Osbourne says no to currency union.’ is closed to new replies.