Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • OS custom map framing
  • iain1775
    Free Member

I know this has been done before but search only pulled up one thread that’s over 12 months old so locked
    What the best way – what full map and key so 89x100cm
    I can get something on eBay for about £90 posted but not sure of quality and still have to put map in myself (ideally it would be hard mounted to something first and I can’t do this well enough I suspect)

Local picture framers quoted £160 yesterday which is just too much (admittedly it was a nice thick frame and non reflective glass)

Anyone any experience or ideas on a cheaper option? Ideally would like it behind glass of some description not just board mounted or laminated

bland

Are you talking about the custom os maps which centre on your chosen postcode? They come rolled and I’m sure you can get them framed too on the OS site, if not try ikea possibly

bland

Or you could do a full wall like I’m planning when I move

Stoner
    Free Member

DIY

http://www.ukpictureframingsupplies.co.uk/frameless-picture-frames-and-clip-frames-accessories-9-c.asp

A load of those ^

and then a pair of these v to hang it with

cut to size glass from your local glass cutters is ridiculously cheap, so get some nice thick glass, maybe toughened, and have them smooth/bevel the edge.

Then just get some backing board from DIY shop.

winston_dog
    Free Member

I was looking at this myself. Frames this size are bloody expensive.

There are this lot Mapworks they are a little cheaper than your local guy at £135 incl p&p and the actual map. Still quite steep.

Eframe do a 90 x 100 frame for about £70

iain1775
    Free Member

Yes it’s a custom centred map
    Already have the map, want it framed rather than a clip frame type thing
    Planning in wallpapering the downstairs loo with maps as a seperate project so that not an option for this one

househusband

Funnily enough I was looking at this just a few weeks ago having moved house and getting a new custom OS map for the wall. Ended up just using the largest frame that IKEA do and losing some of the map; in my case areas to which I’d never wish to cycle!

rugbydick

@ Bland
    Where / how are you going to get a full wall done?
    I’ve just bought a new flat and I want to cover one of the kitchen walls with OS maps.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘OS custom map framing’ is closed to new replies.