Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ortlied Handlebar bag for bikepacking
  • rowlapa1974
    Free Member

Looking for a handlebar bag for bikepacking and the Ortlied Handlebar bag looks like a good piece of kit.

Anyone got any experience of Ortlied? Or any other recommendations

UK-FLATLANDER

Pleased with mine. Note that they are not compatible with carbon bars, as the have wire that loops over the bars and under the stem to stop it tipping forward.

rowlapa1974
    Free Member

Thanks Uk-flat lander

How do you find it for stability once loaded? Do you feel the need to use a dry bag in it? I ask as some others I’ve looked at a very thin and I’d would want to run a second bag inside.

dovebiker

Durable but heavy – a heavyweight drybag strapped to your handlebar is just as effective IMO. Try and keep the weight off the bars too – I pack mainly lightweight clothing and have a couple of bar-mounted pouches for food, snacks etc. Heavier stuff goes in a frame bag.

RustySpanner

Rattles a bit unless you pad the contents out a bit, otherwise fine.

The new ones have magnetic poppers instead of press studs.
    Much better.

Edit, do you mean the old style bags or the new bike packing ones?

rowlapa1974
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner I’m poking to buy the new Drybag Handlebar bag

Dove biker thanks for the info, I was looking to pack my tent and roll mat up front.

aP
    Free Member

I got one last month to replace a very non waterproof Apidura one which was “a disappointment ” on Tuscany Trail.
    Has quite a clever fixing system, the fabric internally is a bit “grabby” though so putting my tent in and out is a bit of a struggle.
    I think it’s overall much better than the Apidura bag.

rowlapa1974
    Free Member

Ap the fixing is one of the reasons I like it over the likes of the Alpkit harness

rowlapa1974
    Free Member

Looking on the Ortlied website they are going to sell a frame bag for 2017, hopefully it while be as well thought out as all the other products

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ortlied Handlebar bag for bikepacking’ is closed to new replies.