Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Ortlieb Downtown QL3 or Knog Dry Dog 13"
  • Baldysquirt

Trying to decide between these as a general commuting pannier / carry around bag for meetings etc.

Ortlieb Downtown QL3: £104.00 waterproof, Small/medium capacity, Ortlieb build quality, light lining plus good divisions etc for easy finding stuff, QL3 makes carrying on shoulder lump free, a bit boxy and ugly.

Knog Dry Dog 13″: £77.60 waterproof, small/medium capacity, unknown build quality, dark lining and less division for office stuff, pannier mechanism possible issue while carrying on shoulder, much better looking (although questionable cartoon print).

There’s also the Dry Dog 17″ which sounds like it might be useful for occasional big stuff days, but otherwise too big. Can always supplement with one of my existing Ortlieb back rollers if I’ve lots to carry.

Which do you reckon, or is there something else that’s better? Not sure I like the look of the Altura Dryline range but could be convinced.

Baldysquirt

Anyone with experience of either?

Hedgehopper

Hi,
    I only have experience of the Knog bags. I originally ordered a 17″ but as you suggest it was too big. The 13″ has more than enough space for commuting in my opinion. I have never actually used it as my workplace’s promised bike storage facility got cancelled so I’d sell it if you’re interested?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Ortlieb Downtown QL3 or Knog Dry Dog 13"’ is closed to new replies.