Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Original Source Shaving Gel Advert…
  • IvanDobski
    Free Member

Is only based around a bloomin mtber! Just saw it on C4 in the Big Brother adverts (yes yes I know!)

Picture the scene if you will…

Guy in body armour etc on what looks like a decent bike riding down a trail centre looking trail saying something along the lines of "after a downhill run I use Original Source minty shaving gel to perk me up again…" before cutting to an arty shot of 3 or 4 guys in the woods riding down a steep slope.

No idea if he's an actual biker but it's interesting that a mainstream brand/product is being advertised during the adverts of a non biking/sport tv programme.

It was a shedload better than the Tour de France Bikehut adverts thats for sure…

(adverts just starting again…!)

chakaping
    Free Member

I've seen this, good isn't it?

But it was complete coincidence that I used Original Source minty shower gel after a gruelling XC run on this afternoon.

I didn't buy it because of the advert, but maybe my wife saw it and thought "that's the stuff that's good for cleaning mountain bikers".

Drac

Oh bloody hell just bought some yesterday as was on offer for £1 now Mrs will think the same.

Kit
    Free Member

I think its one of the Santa Cruz team riders, and the trail is the Fort William mtb track – they've cleverly pasted another guys face over the original (how ironic).

There's also a canoeing one…

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I use it as well which is why it stood out a mile! Maybe we are attracted to it…

Surfr
    Free Member

Well they do sponsor Mayhem and enter teams into other 24 hour enduros. Maybe the CEO is a MTBer?

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I have seen that. I have been using there shower gels for a while now and like the smells in fact i have the lemmon on here at work.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

So I take it it wasn't for the shaving gel and was in fact for the shower gel? I use the shaving stuff so probably jumped to the wrong conclusion in all the excitement…

grumm
    Free Member

i have the lemmon on here at work.

You're supposed to wash it off. 😛

Onzadog
    Free Member

I thought it looked like his head was super imposed into the helmet.

njee20
    Free Member

I'm a big fan of the mint shower gel, but didn't like the shaving gel personally.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Whoever it is wearing a Met Parachute which is pretty inexcusable.

chakaping
    Free Member

If he was wearing a proper full face you wouldn;t see his mouth moving, I bet that's why he's wearing the silly helmet.

mAx_hEadSet

Cussons .. same company as Imperial Leather … Rather than the CEO it's would normally be more likely someone in the ad agency who looks after the branding although speaking to Pat at SITS he says they are very keen on mtb and running and are great sponsors.
    click here for more info on their sponsorship

owenfackrell
    Free Member

grumm – Member

i have the lemmon on here at work.

You're supposed to wash it off.

Opps typo 😳

TheChunk
    Free Member
    james
    Free Member

"I think its one of the Santa Cruz team riders, and the trail is the Fort William mtb track – they've cleverly pasted another guys face over the original "

Could you possibly be confusing it with another video? I reckon his face looks a bit static because of the camera being mounted onto the helmet

I take a guess that the bike in the advert is a new Spesh Big Hit .., though am sure I could be wrong (the white one with domains)

brakes
    Free Member

sainsbury's do their own version which is just the same but cheaper

I_Ache
    Free Member

Strangely I use that shaving gel but I brought it before I saw the ad. I thought it might have been fort bill but as I've never been I wasn't sure.

From Pausing the ad I think its a 2008 Spesh Demo 7. You can see it has a blue rocker and Juicy leavers. The Demo has those features.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Odd words in that ad IMHO – why would you need revitalising after a downhill run – if that doesn't wake you up then some minty gel around the balls isn't going to do much ….uh oh, okay it may do something….but I'm hardly asleep after blatting donw a hill 😕

nickc

You bunch of Saddos… 🙂

IA

It's the bottom of the DH track then the side on shot is the rocky chute bit on the 10 under course near the far end of the carpark, no?

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I guess that the Met parachute is used so that he has a full facer on to fit the DH 'image' but you can still see his face/hear him speak clearly for the purpose of the advert.

davidrussell
    Free Member

is this why fixie riders dont wash?

harrytoo
    Free Member

Surely there is a "finish the sentence" competition here, no prizes for the winner but the satisfaction that they have made the STW massive chuckle….

"After a punishing downhill run I like to……..

harrytoo
    Free Member

……turn round and push the bike back up the hill for three hours as there is no chuffing lift"

harrytoo
    Free Member

……spend the next three days cleaning the clag off my bike"

(not very good but edit required to remove double post).

pjt201
    Free Member

I used to use original source stuff, until i noticed sainsbury's make an own brand equivalent for half the price which seems to list exactly the same ingredients…

I don't use the shaving gel, but I do use the Lime shower gel whenever Sainsbury's have it on special offer.

Good to see some outside companies getting involved in mountain biking.

dasnut
    Free Member

not connected to original source – but does serve to show how odd helmet boom mounted cameras look.
    lots of people claimed this was fake at the time as they couldn't get their head round the fact that sams head doesn't move

sam hill at fort william

13thfloormonk

I preferred the Persil one with the little kids blatting down a super muddy rootsy trail on rigid 24" cruisers, looked like great fun! 😀

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Original Source Shaving Gel Advert…’ is closed to new replies.