Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ordnance Survey overlay now Veloviewer no longer working?
  • chrispo
    Free Member

I feel a bit lost without being able to overlay Strava routes onto Ordnance Survey maps using the Veloviewer plugin any more.

Are there any other options out there beyond the Where’s The Path side-by-side display?

munkster
    Free Member

Tick.

kcal

yes, thought it was a bit odd the other day when only part overlay worked – now nothing.

Was about OK to bear when road routes, but off-road – I’m gutted!!

allthepies
    Free Member

Lots of apps were using the OS map tiles from Bing maps. Bing have now changed the way they serve up OS data, they’ve introduced a key value which has to be obtained from Bing.

Basically this stops apps scraping Bing OS data for free and its affected lots of apps.

veloviewer
    Free Member

Yeah, I had a chat with the licensing people at Microsoft and although using the Bing maps tiles (OS, road, arial) should be free for what I do on the main site, they will only work if using their Bing plug-in as that generates a key to use for each session. On VeloViewer I use OpenLayers to display the maps so I had to switch away to an open-source supply of the OS map tiles but for technical reasons it isn’t quite as reliable as the Bing tiles.
    At some point I’ll see if I can get it working again.

chrispo
    Free Member

That would be nice 🙂
    It was jolly handy and something I’d happily pay to use.

njee20
    Free Member

Can you not just pay £10 for Veloviewer?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Export from Strava and upload to bikehike ?

chrispo
    Free Member

Njee – ??? I’m asking because Veloviewer doesn’t do this any more…

Jambalaya – Thanks for that, only 1:50,000 mapping and a lot slower but it does work, that’s a big help

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ordnance Survey overlay now Veloviewer no longer working?’ is closed to new replies.