Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ordnance Survey New Map Symbol Competition
  • Riksbar

Anyone entered the Competition to design a new OS Map Symbol here and on the One Show?

This is my entry for a Mountain Bike Trail Centre

[/url]Trail Centre Logo by riksbar, on Flickr[/img]

Pook

Wheels all the same size???

timmys

This is my entry for a Mountain Bike Trail Centre

?

Trail centre isn’t one for the symbols they are looking for.

Pook

Ah, see what you did there.

DT78
    Free Member

Should be coloured orange

spursn17
    Free Member

Riksbar, that sign looks like it should be used for ‘Cyclist’s, Beware Audi Drivers’ 😀

JoeG
    Free Member

Riksbar – good concept; but surely the figure should be standing around, not riding! 🙂

justinbieber

What a daft competition – not open to professional graphic designers or cartographers. Kinda in the same vein as the photo competition they ran recently – getting amateurs to do something for free under the guise of a competition rather than writing a proper brief and paying for it.

cp

Or giving non professionals a chance to be rewarded in a pukka competition. As general competitions should be surely?

I doubt it’s exactly a way of dodging paying people to do it… Just the usual increasing/reminding of brand awareness. The cost saving is tiny unless non pro competitions is how they do all their work…..

ononeorange

Not a graphic designer by any chance, are you Justin?

justinbieber

Ha ha, you got me. On its own I guess this one would be ok, but with the photo competition they ran, OS were contacting pro photographers asking if they wanted to enter the competition, which IMO is just crowdsourcing and getting work for free, which I feel quite strongly about

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Justin you’re just bitter and twisted. I got an appendix removed by a crowd sourced surgeon. Ok he removed my spleen by mistake, but at least it gave him the chance to have a go. 🙂

convert

Pretty limited room for creativity for those ideograms given it has to work in a tiny scale in a single colour. Really worthy of a competition, even of the One Show viewers?

justinbieber

You should have done it yourself: appendix removal!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Blinkin flip! Posting him on my kids wall of proper heroes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ordnance Survey New Map Symbol Competition’ is closed to new replies.