Ordnance Survey maps – finding latest edition?

Home Forum Bike Forum Ordnance Survey maps – finding latest edition?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ordnance Survey maps – finding latest edition?
  • Premier Icon cinnamon_girl
    Subscriber

Oooh interesting – you can find out the year on Amazon!

B.A.Nana

trying to decide if it’s better to buy the tiles (once you buy a tile you can reproduce it on multiple devices) and then just print off the section I want as many times as I want and throw them away after each use. paper maps never last long with me and the most important bit is always on the crease that’s worn away.

mav12

can you not print from walk the highlands website

Premier Icon cinnamon_girl
    Subscriber

Hmmm, I’ve just been on the OS website to check on the latest edition of an Explorer map and I can’t! Used to be able to check the year of the latest map but their website has been redesigned and isn’t showing it.

I then checked out Dash4it (who are brilliant for cheap maps) but they’re not telling either!

Am I just being thick? 😐

puzzled c_g

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

OS getamap always has the most up-to-date mapping, in both 1:50k and 1:25k. At £18 a year it is by far the most cost-effective option.

Subscriber

Yep but I want to know when paper maps are actually updated!

I’ve subscribed to OS Getamap but can’t get logged on, thought my password was wrong, asked for another one which they sent and then was told it had expired!

scotroutes/anyone been able to log onto OS Getamap today?

Subscriber

I’ve subscribed to OS Getamap but can’t get logged on, thought my password was wrong, asked for another one which they sent and then was told it had expired!

Just an update on this … I emailed OS who’ve reported that since the launch of their new website there’s been problems with passwords and access.

Will try again later. 🙂

edlong

OS getamap always has the most up-to-date mapping

IME that isn’t true, I’ve found at least one instance where a recently bought paper OS reflected a change, but getamap didn’t.

Subscriber

IME that isn’t true, I’ve found at least one instance where a recently bought paper OS reflected a change, but getamap didn’t.

Really? Bridleway or what?

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

cinnamon_girl wrote:

scotroutes/anyone been able to log onto OS Getamap today?

I just logged on and it’s fine.

http://www.getamap.ordnancesurveyleisure.co.uk

When was the “new” website launched?

Subscriber

druidh – I guess last week sometime. I’m just hacked off about not being able to find publication dates of maps. 😐

edlong

CG, nothing major, a youth hostel that used to be YHA, now independent. Was still showing the pink triangle on getamap, but correctly amended on my paper one.

Like I say, nothing huge, but it told me that the “getamap is always the latest mapping” wasn’t so.

Subscriber

That’s interesting, thanks.

Can’t help but feel disappointed though. I’m blaming druidh. 😉

Subscriber

Just checked a road that changed well over a year ago and it’s not been updated. 😐

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ordnance Survey maps – finding latest edition?’ is closed to new replies.