Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Orbea-wild-ht-30-29er-2021
  • dyna-ti

Opinions here please.
    https://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/bikes/electric-bikes/orbea-wild-ht-30-29er-electric-mountain-bike-2021-blacktitanium__349190
    Still on the look out for something nice but more importantly for me value for money. A shade over £3K with a Z2 fork, and mostly deore spec, when most appear at that money to offer you a suntour xcm coil, Judy silver or recon.

Kind of nostalgic, my first nice fork was a Z2.

kayak23

It’s out of stock in all sizes?

I have the Wild fs, full suss version which so far I absolutely love (although it’s ruined non-ebike riding for me now)

Personally, I don’t think hardtail ebikes would work well off-road on rough stuff.
    Taking decent sized drops and jumps on my Wild fs, you don’t half feel the thunk of a huck to flat! 😂

They’re nicely built though the Orbeas.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Which model do you have Kayak?. I’d tend to agree with regard to electric HT’s btw, unless riding smooth stuff.

kayak23

I have the h25, one up from the ‘cheapest’ model.

Yeah on regular bikes, my steel hardtail was my most ridden bike. Loved it on rough stuff too.
    Not so sure I would on an eeb though.
    You don’t really feel the weight when riding, except when you go off big drops etc where you need to be mindful of that heft coming in to land!

Can’t see it being too comfortable on a hardtail.
    Ymmv

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cool, I’ve an M20 coming in June, I was gonna wait til later in the year, but lbs can only get one more in my size then it’s feb 2022 at the earliest, so I went for it.

All my mates who bought ebikes kept their other bikes, but none of them use them at all. The Wild will be my only bike, except my wee cheap commuter!.

kayak23

Awesome. You’ll friggin love it 😊

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, I know I will, I’ve tried a few over the last couple of years, then my mate got one of these and gave me a shot one evening, it’s phenomenal!. Aye, ye know they are what they are on the climbs, but on one run, without setting it up or anything, I got a PR on a descent, faster than my Bronson first run!.

The emtb setting on the gen4 Bosch is brilliant.

dyna-ti

I realize theres a harshness being hardtail, but it might have to be the trade off as funds are limited and i was hoping, you might appreciate this better Kayak, there might be a bit left over to upgrade my planer/thicknesser to a spiral cutter model.
    I cant seem to justify spending all the extra income savings on the one thing, mainly the bike. Would be nice but one has to cut ones cloth so to speak, and theres plenty of other things I’d like.

Whichever ebike i go for isnt just for playing on, needs to also double up duty for shopping, getting about as well as getting in some adventurous riding.

kayak23

Well yeah, a spiral cutter would be great too I have to say.

The thing with an ebike is, you’ll be on it a hell of a lot.

I’m finding with mine my knees are getting more painful.
    I put this down to way more spinning as the motor seems more efficient that way.
    Then it’s just the amount of trails you’ll knock out in a session is about 3 times your regular bike, so you’re stood up, attacking the downhills and consequently your knees are more stressed.
    If you added on to that by having a hardtail, then I imagine it might be more physically demanding.

There’s no way I’d leave 3k sat outside the shops either. No way.

I bet the hardtail will be brilliant, but yeah, I would personally think about the above a bit.

For about a grand more, you’re starting to get onto some of the full suss bikes, or maybe build a ‘cheeb’.

The main issue right now obviously is stock.

dyna-ti

A sus would be ideal, though the Stilus in the vid is discontinued.
    Someone here got a Vitus E-Sommet 297 VR from CRC and appear to be pretty happy with it. I’ll initiate a thread on it in a couple of months see how he’s getting on with it longer term, but did appear pretty chuffed with the ride and spec. Spec does appear to be very good for that money range compared to most.
    Only downside and there appears to be only one is if things go amiss, returning it for servicing might stand to a number of problems.

Any purchase is likely to be around about the summer, maybe later, so we have till then at least for stocklevels to improve. But If I have to wait longer then I have to wait and not a lot can be done about that. Thats said it affords ore saving time, and I think dear old mum spoke about a spare K in one of my other saving accounts could be reused if it gets me out the house more.

So we’ll see, and thanks for the reply and info. I need as much of that as i can get so I overlook nothing. You can get easily blinkered and miss the obvious.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sorry for the wee hijack there Dyna! Best of luck, keep us posted with what you get!

iainc

^^^^ good to hear you have succumbed at last nobeer 😀

dyna-ti

I will do cheers.

Always a bit of the unknown fear as to expectations versus reality. but it will be a fair while before I can get something , due to lack of stock. We really need this pandemic to be gone and businesses up and running, and down the line a few months so it all catches up with itself.

We’ll get there I’m sure.

If you added on to that by having a hardtail, then I imagine it might be more physically demanding.

A good point, I should really go for the suss. And maybe by the time I do get to it the costs will be less there being more choice and more availability 😕

kayak23

A friend has the Vitus by the way. It’s a rad bike 👌

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Orbea-wild-ht-30-29er-2021’ is closed to new replies.