• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by tails.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Orbea – UK Distributor?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Vaguely started looking at a new bike.

Orbea website says availability Nov 21.

LBS – Says yes we have the size you need on a back order – it should be/possibly available July but they wouldnt be able to guarantee.

So phoned another Orbea dealer. Erm yeah we should be able to get some in, but not sure exactly when.

Do I just have to ring around every dealer in the UK to be told random stories, or can I get hold of a distributor who can give concrete real dates?

I dont want to put down a considerable sum of money on a bike that might not turn up until November.

I can not find the UK distributor for Orbea, or are they just going to be as useless? At lease if you buy a car you get a build week etc. The price they are charging for bikes these days I would expect the same level of service.

Ta

nwgiles

where are you based.

https://www.alphacycleworx.co.uk/ is my nearest i was there last weekend with some stock

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

NWGiles – Thanks just spoken to them and none in stock currently, they are saying June…which is better than July!

And yes not that far from me.

uggski

Problem is all the main bike manufacturers are in the same boat. Very few of them can give firm delivery dates

IdleJon

I can not find the UK distributor for Orbea

Orbea don’t work through a distributor – they sell to retailers direct.

kayak23

Yeah you’re not going to get a concrete answer at the moment due to that thing that’s happening in the world just now.
    It’s not a normal or predictable time.

I’m waiting for an Orbea. Hopefully it’ll be worth waiting for(it totally will)

chaos

Our local shop seems to be promising the earth on lots of stock coming in imminently on various brands going by the emails I keep getting.  Merida already in for example.

Might be worth a call? https://www.primera-sports.com/our-brands/orbea-bikes/

edward2000
    Free Member

If you log on to the Orbea MyO website it will tell you lead times there.

uggski

Not always. Some shops have pre-ordered stock. The Orbea site just shows you what lead times you have if you ordered direct

poah
    Free Member

not all stores say they have stock for a model. I tried a few shops before I got Sophie’s W20 H30

uggski

C6 in Cambridge may have some. Not sure if that’s near you?

https://www.c6bikes.co.uk/cycles.php?b=25

leegee

Wildside cycles in Tonbridge Wells had stacks of Orbea’s late last month.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I phoned around 125 orbea dealers in November when I bought my Occam. As above, some had stock in, some had stock coming soonish and some said they could order to Orbea published lead times.

Nothing for it but to get dialling.

pigyn
    Free Member

What are you looking for? Generally yes, nearly every new order is going to be August at best, but if dealers already have one on order for stock as mentioned or better yet on the shop floor.

I have a lovely Wild FS M10 MyO in black with subtle green highlights, but we have been too busy to get it online yet 🤷 So there are things out there.

lillski74
    Free Member

Another shout for C6

They sourced an M30 Occam for me, excellent service and a great deal (albeit post brexit not sure what deals exist anymore)

Not been out on the M30 since October – can’t wait to build it up back up again ready for the summer trails such a great bike

Hope you get sorted

tails
    Free Member

I also bought an m30 from c6 back in june, took around 2 weeks.

On the Occam Facebook group there is a chap who I think works for Orbea IIRC who might be able to offer advice. There are also a number of Occam for sale second hand if you are after an Occam.

Also Doug a basque knows the guys but doubt he could give a specific lead time maybe general.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Orbea – UK Distributor?’ is closed to new replies.