Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Orange strange
  • shreck
    Free Member

Any one got one how do they ride,what’s the difference between this and a alpine?

wattsymtb
    Free Member

I was always under the impression that any orange with strange on it was a prototype (so therefore was not one certain bike).

I might be wrong.

Edit: After a quick google I’m fairly sure I’m right.

wwaswas

wot he said.

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Indeed, ‘strange’ is anything orange are prototyping.

Sound like you have spotted a new alpine-Esk bike Shreck. Probably rides like an Alpine 😉

shreck
    Free Member

Thanks everyone.

simonside
    Free Member

Probably rides like an PATRIOT

There fixed that for you 😉

Northwind

Yah, there are many stranges, some are stranger than others, some are actually pretty boring. Are you by any chance looking at a green Strange Alpine?

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Or a pink one?

jam-bo

I’ve got a strange 5. Standover of a 16″, TT length of an 18″, short chainstays. Slacker head angle. It rocks.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Like Jam bo said, they did sell a 5/alpine/patriot to the public under the strange ‘brand’ a few years ago.

06awjudd
    Free Member

I’m guessing he’s seen the funky looking orange coloured strange at Eurobike. Long travel 29er without the stupid wheelbase mmmmmmmmmm. :mrgreen:

LoCo
    Free Member

Strange are generally protos, have ridden quite a few over the years, some crazy low bb ones which we built skid plates for 😯 and broke people.
    Favorite was the Steve Peat 224 which fitted perfectly.

xiphon
    Free Member

The strange frames were never “sold” to the public – often Orange gave them to testers (or sold them to them for a small fee).

If the tester wanted to sell their strange on the 2nd hand market, they could.

chestrockwell

There was a load of ‘Alpine 5’ Strange bikes kiking about a few years back. They became the Alpine 160. Also remember a couple of Strange 5’s a few years ago, one a light weight, the other beefed up. Don’t think much came of the light weight but most of the changes from the beefed up one arrived on the 2011 bike.

GaryLake
    Free Member

The 160mm 29er Strange at Eurobike looks nuts – would love a go on that!

mojo5pro
    Free Member

There has been the odd “strange” sold to the public via “offers” on the orange website.

catvet
    Free Member

I have an Orange orange Strange frameset 650b

ads678

Does anyone know if all orange frames have a ‘strange’ stamp on them? My old style five has ‘strange’ stamped on the seat tube but it’s conciled by the swing arm. The frame is stickered up as a orange Five not a ‘strange.

legend
    Free Member

Orange used to market “Strange” geometry, meant bugger all other than having a same “Strange” sticker on the bike, so it may well just be from that. How old is it?

ads678

2005 I think, I bought the frame second hand. I’m not really bothered cos I love it but just made me wonder when I came across it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Orange strange’ is closed to new replies.