Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Orange Stage 6 Evo – Are you F.A.F or just a faffer?
  • stwhannah

Orange has given the Stage 6 the Evo treatment, revealing it today in an intimidating flurry of words about speed and acceleration and so on. Will thi …

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

Orange Stage 6 Evo – Are you F.A.F or just a faffer?

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

FB-ATB

Over to the Orange marketing department

Nice pre-emptive strike!

ads678

Not bothered about the words, it looks bloody lovely!

snotrag

Look ace, its a lovely colour that they use on the Crush too I think.

It was pretty obvious this was coming a week or so ago as Orange did their usual shuffle around of the bikes available on the website (which as of this morning has all changed again obviously).

I have been on their site a LOT recently as I have just ordered the shorter travel EVO frame… I did wonder if a longer travel was due and was tempted to wait however I was determined to buy the bike for the riding I do – not the riding I think I do!

This will be a great trail/enduro-lite sort of option though, might be a while till frames are available. Frame will be £2500 more than likely based on the rest of range.

In before “how much”.

Olly
    Free Member

If ever i snap my five29 frame, ill have one of these to replace it.
    Looks just like it, only betterer, and with a bottle cage mounts and stiffer tail.
    Lovely.

matt_outandabout

That’s a lovely red colour.

zerocool

Looks nice. Makes me want a new Orange.

ayjaydoubleyou

Looks nice.

Any idea if the under top tube bolt mounts will fit a proper bottle on the Large. Could be what brings me back to Orange in the future.

Chainstays are incredibly long, anyone got some actual real work input on how this will feel?

5lab

bottle cage mounts

right in the line of fire underneath the downtube. I get how space is limited on small frames, but for those of us who aren’t midgets, just raise the top tube and whack one in there, please

ads678

In before “how much”.

Mason RAW £1700 hardtail frame only. Orange bikes are now VFM!

Northwind

Looks an absolute beast… The old Five 29 was the best bike Orange’d ever made imo and pretty much nobody ever rode one. The Stage 6 is ace too. Oranges always work better the bigger they are…

halifaxpete

Looks great, still riding and loving my 8 year old Five 29. Surely its into Stage 5 territory though?

snotrag

There’s no stage 5, that’s the stage Evo.

It’s effectively a 3 bike range into 2.

(I’m aware it says up there they are keeping the ‘old’ stage 6 on but I bet it vanishes pretty soon like the 4 did once stock is run down).

chakaping
    Free Member

They surely need a 160mm rear travel enduro bike now, but what will they call it now they’ve given this one the wrong name?

halifaxpete

Ahh fair enough! Not kept up with the latest ranges TBH as I’m a tight sod who only buys 2nd hand.

rstephenson
    Free Member

Love the colour too. Very similar geo to the 2020 stage 5 I’ve got which has a 150 fork 135 rear and similar angles. They only ran that model for a year so they must have had this in mind when they dropped it for 2021.

endomick
    Free Member

Beautiful colour, interesting weld on the shock mount plate, not seen one like that before, cable entry still a bit sticky-outy and bottle cage bosses on the underside of the downtube really need to go.

rickon
    Free Member

FINALLY! They’ve gone back to the correct amount of travel 150/140.

Who the hell needs a 170/170 29er in the UK?

The Five29 and the Stage5 were perfect, and then they messed with the travel making it both not enough and too much!

Whoop!

fahzure

When will I have my single pivot revelation?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Thought I’d stumbled into the scaffolding thread.

chakaping
    Free Member

Very similar geo to the 2020 stage 5 I’ve got which has a 150 fork 135 rear and similar angles. They only ran that model for a year so they must have had this in mind when they dropped it for 2021.

Why oh why isn’t this the Stage 5 Evo?

Leaves them nowhere to go for a 29er enduro bike, which would actually be six inches.

bigbearrich

A little bird told me there’s a longer travel bike in the offing.

chakaping
    Free Member

I did say to a pal yesterday, I wouldn’t be surprised if a 160mm 29er was unveiled next week.

Or maybe a 170mm or 180mm rear-travel mullet to revive the Patriot?

willlsingleton

I’ve a Velcro strap on bottle cage on my xl alpine works a treat

Markie
    Free Member

Is there a shorter travel bike coming too?

chestrockwell

Yeah, seems very similar to my Stage 5. Why not call it that? Anyway, it will be sweet but too spendy for me these days.

bikesandboots

467mm chainstays on all sizes. 20mm longer than Cotic Jeht.

So basically the XL has the same front-rear balance as a M in most other bikes, and I guess the smaller sizes will have a very planted feeling.

468mm reach and 625mm top tube on a medium.

The Loam Wolf has some insights on how it feels to ride https://theloamwolf.com/2021/11/30/release-first-ride-the-new-orange-stage-6-evo/. He’s 6’2″ on a large.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve a Velcro strap on bottle cage on my xl alpine works a treat

How is it located please Will? Bottle above or below the TT?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Orange Stage 6 Evo – Are you F.A.F or just a faffer?’ is closed to new replies.