Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Orange P7 Pro with Alfine 8spd and pace carbon forks…. Worth a punt?
  • womble72
    Free Member

Will use it for rides across the commons, few Tarmac roads in between and the occaisional jaunt along the Thames. Heavy Steel frame, 8spd hub and a flexy carbon fork…. Suitable formthis use and more or should i steer clear?

Help! 🙂

mchlptchr
    Free Member

I had one just like that but with Fox Vanilla forks on it. Was a bit on the heavy side but i really liked it.

Unfortunately i needed some cash so it ended up getting sold to a mate. He loves it!!!

AngusWells

I would. Should be spot on.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Forks will feel too short imo. Mine has been run with 100, 115 and 140mm. Feels much better with the latter.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I saw that – if it was a 17″ I’d have been very tempted!

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Probably overkill for that usage surely?

Del

what year is it?
    i run P7/alfine with RS sektors. it’s a heavy bus – 33lb 😯
    a right hooligan though. when heading downhill it sometimes feels like a FS, and sometimes feels like someone is just giving you a gentle nudge on the back to help you along and pick up speed.
    mines going ss though, shortly, having ripped the headtube off my lightweight frame…

have you seen that day one alfine in the classifieds? much better bet for what you want it for i would say.

womble72
    Free Member

I like the idea of the P7 Just not sure how limited it would be with those forks n hub. At the moment it would be used regularly but over fairly gentle terrain. I would possibly think about upgrading the forks in the future should my escape from London plan work out and my riding terrain changes.

Just not sure about that hub though. I’m a complete virgin with modern bike tech and never seen an mtb with a hub like that.

druidh
    Free Member

For that type of riding, I’d be looking at a 29er, not a P7.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

The hub would be fine. I raced (my first, whoop!) on the weekend with an Alfine hub and had no problems

womble72
    Free Member

The bike is 4yrs old and the Hub is 2yrs old. £600 starting price (eBay). Just wondering
    if I could do better and wait for a 2nd hand cotic/cove hj or if this bike is a steal?

Del

bit ambitious on price imo

sm500
    Free Member

P7 and alfine great bike.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Orange P7 Pro with Alfine 8spd and pace carbon forks…. Worth a punt?’ is closed to new replies.