orange p7 previous gen fork length

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • orange p7 previous gen fork length
  • Anyone know what the min/max/optimum fork length is for the 2016/17 p7

I know they are well regarded by those who ride them. Should I add it to my list of steel ht doitalls (along with Cotic, Stanton etc)

Thanks

Thanks qwerty. How did you find that? I was looking on their site yesterday for a while and couldn’t find it. I went back now that I know it is there and still can’t find the link in the site!

steel4real

Yeah specced with 140mm but I’ve run my 2016 at 150mm since building up the frame, 2700 miles later and I haven’t died.

wl

Mint bike. I’ve a 2016 one – 27.5, 140mm Pikes, custom build. Sure it’d be fine with 150mm forks, but the geometry is great with 140mm and I like the low BB. It’s a fun, fast bike to ride, but also versatile. I use it for everything from 30-mile Pennine rides to steep and tight cheeky stuff in the woods around Calderdale. Performance has been faultless over 2.5 years, including hard winter riding. Just changed all the transmission due to wear, but everything else has been spot on. Love it.

I was thinking of going the other way to around 120mm. Might make it too steep/lower BB too far, but they are pretty!

wl

Personally, I wouldn’t go shorter travel because, if anything, I’d want the head angle a bit slacker, not steeper. Orange really know what they’re doing when it comes to geometry and 140mm probably really is the sweetspot for what the bike is made for.

@wl – thanks, that sort if confirms what I thought. Oh well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.