Orange P7 29 sizing

Home Forum Bike Forum Orange P7 29 sizing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Orange P7 29 sizing
  • cupotea

I’m looking at an Orange P7 29 but am struggling to locate an XL to check for sizing, I don’t suppose anyone around 6’2″ has one and can advise?  Any general opinions or reviews also welcome.

wl

Got the 27.5 and it’s absolutely mint.  Around 5′ 10″ and the medium suits me fine (though a large would work too, probably). Think the 29er is a pound or two heavier but should be amazing downhill.

cupotea

It does look like a steamroller!  I’m hoping it would pedal ok for longer days too. I’m really struggling between that and a Sonder Signal Ti

warns74

Interested in this too and had no joy in sourcing an XL to try. Also quite interested in the new Crush 29 too.

Have there been any other reviews other than the bike radar one.

https://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain-bikes/hardtail/product/orange-p7-29-s-review-51939/

Bit hard to tell from this whether they didn’t like the bike that much or whether it was the build kit that let it down?

cupotea

I’m surprised how little there is in the way of reviews. I would have thought people would have been all over them. The BikeRadar review does look like a lot of it is a spec issue but as I’m looking at the RS it’s a very expensive gamble.

That said, as my other option is a bike which is barely out and has no demo fleet, I’m not making things easy for myself!

wl

cupotea – just in case it helps, I use mine for everything – steep and techy Calderdale cheeky stuff as well as 30+ mile Pennine loops over the moors, on rocky trails with virtually no tarmac. Can’t see why the 29er won’t do this stuff too.  Obviously it’s not quite as comfy all day as a full-sus (I have one of those too) but it’s a total blast to ride, super simple, and mine’s needed no attention whatsoever until now, 2 years (and 2 winters) after buying.  The bike just works, ride after ride, in all conditions – dry, mud, snow. Only just replaced my transmission and all bearings. Crush is a similar thing, really, especially now regulations mean that the difference between steel and alu is less obvious.

cupotea

Thank you wl. Food for thought 🙂

My 650b 2017 is ace. I’m 6’ 2” also and only just squeeze on to the large. My XL Segment fits like a glove.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.