Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Orange Express-O
  • butterworth24
    Free Member

Orange Express-O

Anybody thinking about spending £900 on that? I’m a seasoned Orange fanboy and still… WTF 😯

bikeneil
    Free Member

Seems ok to me. I’d still rather get a Cotic Roadrat though.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Why would anyone buy an Orange hardtail full stop? They seem to have them in their range just as filler with no real thought or passion about them. Nobody (I know) would think “I want a new hardtail” and go for an Orange whereas 10 years ago they’d have been straight to a P7/C16 etc.

Need to go back and make desriable hardtails. I reckon a decent priced steel framed 29er/650B which looked good that was easily singlespeedable would be nice. WIll they do it? They seem to be too focused on churning out full bouncers that all look the same but have different names.

Dave
    Five owner

andyl
    Free Member

£900 seems perfect for C2W schemes. Get your helmet, lights and lock with the extra £100 to make it up to £1k.

does seem a bit steep though.

atlaz
    Free Member

Sora for 900 quid on a far east frame? Seriously?

Deveron53
    Free Member

Get a Ridgeback X1 and upgrade the drivetrain. Like I did. £500…

iainc

similarly the RX9 – Sora and alloy fork at a price where Pinnacle Arkose and others gives 105 and carbon fork….

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a hydro-disc, sram rival steel framed road bike for 200 quid more than the Orange which was also “Designed in the UK”. Not sure what goes on in Oranges heads

senorj

ridgeback

that was my thought.

firestarter
    Free Member

Its got reflective stickers tho

lunge

That looks really bad value for money. Sora and a carbon fork would be OK if not great value, 105 and a alu fork would be the same. Sora and an alu fork though? Not for me thanks.

AlexSimon

Not sure what goes on in Oranges heads

At least it’s not on the same scale as their carbon road bike!

I’m not in the market, so I’m not sure about value, but it’s no good comparing with Pinnacle and On-one, because they are direct sales. Your lbs can’t get them.

devash
    Free Member

No offense to Orange but, like Whyte, many of their bikes just don’t seem like particularly good value for money.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Like I alluded to above, their reputation was built on top notch steel hardtails which people wanted to own. It’d be lovely to have something similar in their range now as theres certainly still a market for it (see Cotic, Stanton, Singular, On-One, Dialled, Curtis etc etc).

toby1

£850 – now I’m not saying either of them are good value for money, but perhaps they are pitching along similar lines?

molgrips
    Free Member

What does £900 get you elsewhere in disc equipped hybrids then?

Deveron53
    Free Member

HOY Shizuoka?

enfht
    Free Member

their reputation was built on top notch steel hardtails which people wanted to own

+1

Operative word being “was”.

They peaked with the P7 around 2009 before the new CEN? regs messed up their well-polished design.

molgrips
    Free Member

before the new CEN? regs messed up their well-polished design

?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

CEN regs did/do have the potential to mess things up by thicker/stronger/less compliant tubesets etc. Most firms who use steel seem to have embraced it though – Orange seemed to make frames out of scaffolding pipes for a few years before sacking steel off completely.

Orange – please make a well priced (~£500) lightweight steel frame to do the same stuff your current Clockwork does in either 29″ or 650B. Maybe with decent slidey dropouts in in a clearcoat raw finish with simple Orange and Clockwork logos under the clearcoat. Oh and a matching rigid fork.

Yum.

johnnystorm

My first thought was ouch, pricey. Then I saw the Spesh…. I’d take it with tourney rather than need the daily eye bleaching that Spesh would necessitate.

nick1962
    Free Member

Seems fine to me,nowt wrong with broadening your range and market in business terms even if it does upset the old skool, nostalgia diehards who probably aren’t in the targeted demographic anyway 🙂 Most brands have a hybrid even the smaller more niche companies Cotic,On One etc and with the resurgence in all types of cycling including commuting why not get in on it? Under Specced and over priced just like their full suspension bikes then!Yes you could probably get a better specced bike but you are paying for the brand aren’t you? By way of comparison The Ridgeback Flight 3 is a similar hybrid RRP £999 but with MTB 10 speed Deore groupset.

faustus

Express-NO

Looks like a Carrera Subway, seems like poor value.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Orange Express-O’ is closed to new replies.