Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Orange Carbon Frame – Part II
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Seem the reports are true – snippet from Orange Bikes Facebook post from eurobike:

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I wonder where they source the filing cabinets from?

partyboy
    Free Member

This will not please the luddites.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Only “Designed in Halifax” though…..

foxyrider
    Free Member

I presume that we are looking at a carbon Five version maybe or possibly a ST XC FS?

ton

orange 29r’s will be out before the new year i reckon……. 😆

Stu

I wouldn’t presume that foxy – think you might be surprised when you see what it actually is… 😉

geetee1972
    Free Member

It would make business sense to build your first carbon version in the guise of your best selling bike. That way you can amortise the set up cost at the quickest rate.

I’m guessing that the Five is their most popular bike.

partyboy
    Free Member

I presume that we are looking at a carbon Five

Ah, the classifieds will soon be awash with nearly new 5’s as the trail centre brigade spaff their IT wages on the latest must have version.

ferrit32
    Free Member

It looks to have a bottle boss so I doubt its a springer.

Is it a road bike?

mr_mills
    Free Member

think you might be surprised when you see what it actually is…

Is it a lightsaber?

montylikesbeer

as a luddite who owns a 5 , I say bring it on.

As over priced as the 5 frame is now, I only shudder to think what this will cost.

rs
    Free Member

maybe it will be the cheaper version as its made abroad…

peterwp
    Free Member

+ partyboy
    That how I afforded my “well looked after” (i.e. not used much) 2 yr old Five from a BMW m3 owner…thanks for taking the depreciation hit!

frank4short
    Free Member

At a guess i’d say that is a hard tail as the obvious presumption would be that is a bottle cage mount & probably on the seat tube as the norm is to have your bumpf on low(ish) on the set tube. With all of that in mind I’d assume it’s a carbon version of the P7 or similar. Considering they’re all ready made in the far east & development &set up manufacturing costs on a CF hardtails are probably considerably less than on a full sus. This way they’d be able to judge market reaction before going head long into building a full CF range.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Fives don’t have bottle cage bolts do they?

I’m more interested/ concerned at the existence of a Strange Five 29er…

LoCo
    Free Member

R8, (C8 😕 ) Is my guess

ElShalimo

I reckon it’ll be a CX bike

khani
    Free Member

I reckon it’s a road bike……

scruff
    Free Member

225c 😛

partyboy
    Free Member

Agree with khani, road bike for sure, they will have spotted all the road threads on STW and decided to tap into the market.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I reckon it’ll be a CX bike

That would make sense; if it’s not your best selling bike then make it the easiest bike to make via a contractor, especially one that’s already making something similar.

A cross frame would fit that bill.

khani
    Free Member

It’s a big Market to tap into.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

maybe it will be the cheaper version as its made abroad…

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

I reckon it will be an actual filing cabinet, but carbon fibre, makes office moves easier

clubber
    Free Member

Muppet. It’ll be a carbon fibre server rack 😉

warton
    Free Member

is it a swanky broom handle? Failing that my bet is a CX bike.

ton

wouldnt like to be the 1st person who breaks one JRA…… 😆

after sales……… 😆 😆 😆

Rik
    Free Member

+1 that people are going to be surprised when they find out what it is.

Plus they have a few other things up there sleves for next year too……

foxyrider
    Free Member

True the five does not have bottle cage mounts! however the carbon version maybe has more room? Or it maybe a carbon ST4? But thses are my wish list!

Changed my mind a HT / 29er as above as that is the fastest growing market in the US? 😉

Road bike seems unlikely for a company that is called “Orange Mountain Bikes” 🙂

marsdenman
    Free Member

If I had to bet it’d be on a Carbon Fibre ‘Clockwork’ – selling the ‘Heritage’ of one of the brands most Iconic frames – course, it’ll be tweaked to accept modern geometries etc and, the decals will stay on – unlike the ones on (but not for long…) my matt black LX clockwork from back in the day… 😉

ratherbeintobago

Road bike seems unlikely for a company that is called “Orange Mountain Bikes”

You mean like this?

Andy

foxyrider
    Free Member

Ahh :

However on retrobike I found the post:

I am chuffed to bits with this frame. The seller says it was made as a one-off for him in ’93 by none other than Steve Wade – that the original owner used to ride with Wade was confirmed by none other than our own Cannondale King…!

jfletch
    Free Member

Maybe a CX bike with discs. Orange did put a link to a pic of some Hope CX hyro disc adaptors on their Twitter. They were mounted to a hope branded non descript carbon frame.

ratherbeintobago

I get the impression they didn’t make very many, but IIRC they weren’t all special orders.

Andy

foxyrider
    Free Member

yup CX sounds good but I would expect them to make a alu one first? But yes I remember that twitter post now you come to mention it and thought it was odd 🙂

I did find theri recent post about CX though:

http://3pcx.blogspot.com/2011/08/paul-oldham-race-that-comes-back-to.html?m=0

ade
    Free Member

orange 29r’s will be out before the new year i reckon…….

Before the end of the week, more like…

tim3
    Free Member

Yep!

A racing 29er! 😉

It’s a shame they have to have it made in the far east though instead of Halifax like the metal ones! 😕

geetee1972
    Free Member

It’s a shame they have to have it made in the far east though instead of Halifax like the metal ones!

Why’s that then?

Kit
    Free Member

Why’s that then?

Because their squinty eyes make decent frame alignment impossible, stoopid!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Orange Carbon Frame – Part II’ is closed to new replies.