Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Orange broadband livebox nightmare.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

The free call function on my Orange livebox failed, but the broadband still worked. I contacted Orange who asked me to have BT check the line which was fine. Orange sent me a new livebox which failed even to offer broadband. The old box then failed to work. I bought a new ADSL filter, it made no difference. Hours on hold then on helplines to no avail. Orange insist there is a fault, BT say there isn’t. BT will now charge for future line tests.

The only visible clue to the malfunction is that the @ light on the router is flashing quickly.
    Orange are calling me back tomorrow morning. What else can I do? Any help would be welcome.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I only have my mobile for email etc and have next to no mobile phone reception.

I’m beginning to feel like Jack Nicholson in The Shining

trail_rat
    Free Member

Bin em

The old live box was good bit of kit had it for 10 years

Now they use a netgear piece of crap

It would work quickly – maraculously only when we phoned and complained for a couple o days before going slow again

Old box never worked since the netgear was fitted

Now my parents have had both phone an internet cut off and have been told they have o wait 2 weeks before it can be looked at – then tried to say they couldnt cancel the contract despite being well out of the initial contract period .

My dad still does exploding quite well!

Bt on the otherhand have repaired any line faults next day for me !

hunterst
    Free Member

Just so happens i am having lots of problems with my livebox too.

Dropped connections – livebox needs rebooting constantly.

Speed dropped from 7mbps down to 1mbps and then miraculously it went back up to 6mbps when i said i was going to leave.

Still having to mess with the router and my iphone is having trouble connecting.

That said the wireless signal is strong but it just wont allow connection to the internet sometimes.

This service really has gone down the pan

Orange where taken over by EE i believe in the summer and i am pretty certain that the 2nd line option was discontinued in September

Time i found a new isp – orange really are a load of bxxlocks!

Now…..who to choose?

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

if you go into 192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.0.1) on your browser you can log in with ‘admin’ and ‘admin’ for user name and password. you can then check the internet phone settings in there. I replaced my livebox with a cisco x3000 only for the parental controls. Livebox worked fine for years!

Edit-you need to go into that to set your internet settings too (internet user name and password) that could be why you’re not establishing the net connection.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The livebox replacement was still made by inventel.

I think the call centre folks would have said if the free call option had been terminated.

Meantime I still can’t even get broadband.

My contract runs out at the end of the month. I will just have to tell them to get it sorted or I’m oot.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve tried the procedure you describe about ten times, I , we just can’t make the connection, I keep getting the status as – synchronizing in progress, and a disconnected from the internet alert

br
    Free Member

Streuth, the man who can do anything bewildered by nothing more than a lack of Internet access…

C’mon boy, people use to look up to you – sort yourself out!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Have you got a dial tone on the land line ?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I get a dial time on the landline with only the telephone connected directly into the socket or ADSL filter. When I then connect the feed from the filter to the livebox I lose it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tbh if your thinking of telling the, to stuff it …..

Phone tomorrow , ask to get put through to cancelations….when they say you cant because of contracts , tell them you have upheld your end of contract and feel they are not upholding theirs with continued loss of service.

I

ScottChegg
    Free Member

BT Infinity.

Faster, more reliable and you don’t have to give Orange any money.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Orange broadband livebox nightmare.’ is closed to new replies.