Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Orange Blood sizing?
  • fuzzhead
    Free Member

i'm think of getting an Orange Blood, but would like to hear views from owners/demo riders of how the sizing works?
    I read the Dirt review which suggests that the bike doesn't really work at the the larger (17") size, but as someone who's 6'1", this may be the better option for me.
    It'll be used as a "razzer" rather than for long days in the hills, and I'm going to try a demo bike, but wanted to hear from others' about their experiences.
    Cheers

Brycey
    Free Member

I'm 6'2" and have a large Blood. I read that Dirt review just before I got mine, but came to the conclusion that Steve Jones isn't massive, and went for the bigger size. I have to say I haven't regretted it for a minute, just back from doing the Mega on it and it was amazing. It's no marathon machine, but that said I'll happily pedal round a trailcentre loop or Highland day out on it.

I've got a Gravity Dropper post that looks precariously long when in the XC saddle up position, but my (shorter) mate's small Blood looks just as fragile with the seat up (it's not, they were both hammered in Alpe d'Huez without missing a beat).

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Thanks Brycey, that's great feedback.

jemima
    Free Member

6'2" ish here and run a large. Its great. Steve Jones really can talk some guff at times. Its my main do-it-all bike for hacking about in the woods, all day rides in the Highlands and trail centre hooning.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

5'10" hired a small and felt it was too small for a rip round Afan.

Good on the downs but seatpost wasn't long enough for riding up. I'm looking for a large.

Brycey
    Free Member

That review was classic Steve Jones, over the top waffling that didn't actually say much. Standard post on the large was too short for me, so Gravity Dropper is a 400mm – sorted now.

I'd love to post a Megaavalanche themed Blood photo, however BT are a bunch of fannies, so I can't!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I was told Rowan Sorrell had a large too. No idea if that's true or how tall he is.

Brycey
    Free Member

iPhone has it's uses.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Thanks all. Looks good Brycey 🙂 Any idea of built-up weight?

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Steve Jones knows what he's talking about and he'll show you a clean pair of heels on any trail. He didn't base his sizing tips on his own riding, he got Rowan Sorrel's (6' 2") opinion of his 15" prototype as well. And Rowan preferred the smaller frame because it handled better when he chucked it around freeride parks. And I know this, because I build his bikes. Rowan's build is about 32lbs with 2.5 dual ply minion F's fitted to ProII EX 721's and Saint transmission.

Brycey
    Free Member

I'm not saying he doesn't know what he's talking about, or that he's not a good rider, I'm saying his writing is over the top sometimes without actually saying much. That article reads that a large Blood is a total waste of time which is baws. Doesn't stop Dirt being the only mag worth buying.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Orange Blood sizing?’ is closed to new replies.