Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Orange blood rear shifting
  • sailor74
    Free Member

Anyone having issues with rear mech shifting on their blood? I’m pretty sure it’s a cable routing issue although the mech pivot is a bit loose. Reckon a cable re route is in order, so has anyone had any success with this?

jemima
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/orange-blood-cable-routing

Its the worst feature of the Blood and very annoying. I’ve devised a sort of sliding guide which means the ‘seat stay’ slides under the cable as opposed to trying to compress it and kink it.

I’ve done this using sections of stiff nylon tubing and soft clear hose. Hard to explain. I’ll maybe record a video later to show how it works…

sailor74
    Free Member

I did a similar thing with clear tubing but the cable still kinks and doesn’t shift so well. May well take the plunge this weekend and re route over the bottom bracket.

bella
    Free Member

There was a similar thread a few weeks ago with some useful photos. Have a hunt for it. Never really noticed a problem with mine. Should give that pedaling thing a go some time

el_diablo
    Free Member

Maybe get some routing ideas from here

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Did you get any of the cable-guide “hoops” from Orange when you bought the frame? I use these and no problems with shifting/kinking of my rear mech cable. They allow the cable to slide freely.

Cable routed along top tube and down chainstay on ’11 Blood FYI.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Orange blood rear shifting’ is closed to new replies.