Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Orange blood Cable routing
  • Benson247
    Free Member

Does anyone have any suggestions for the rear mech cable routing. I have trouble getting into the high gears due to kinking in the outer

el_diablo
    Free Member

I know what you mean, i’ve just released the cable from the top fastner on the seat stay and zip tied it to the rear mech cable, seems to have done the trick as it now kinks in a wider curve.

Brycey
    Free Member

I had hassle with the cable creeping through the cable guide clip (the one near the top of the rear triangle closest to the pivot) from rear to front until there was enough slack for it to kink. I made a stopper using tightly wound insulating tape around the outer on the mech side of the cable guide, and that kept the cable as tight as possible when the suspension is fully extended, and it’s been fine since. I was thinking prior to that if taking a whole new outer under the bottom bracket. Sorry no photos, bike’s at my folks.

I think the brake hose is at risk as well and I’ve already pierced one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Brycey
    Free Member

I tell a lie, I’ve found this photo (not great), stopper is yellow tape just to the left of middle cable clip. As el_diablo has done, I’ve ditched the top one.

Benson247
    Free Member

Cheers lads, much appreciated, ill give it a try

jemima
    Free Member

Its has to be said the rear mech cable routing on the Blood is poop.

I run mine loosly zip-tied to the guides such that when the suspension moves the outer just slides over the guide and does not compress towards the top cable stop. Which works pretty well.

el_diablo
    Free Member

Here’s a picture of mine when the suspension is compressed – not pretty is it?

Brycey
    Free Member

It’s not, see how tightly kinked the brake hose is as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Orange blood Cable routing’ is closed to new replies.