Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Orange Alpine… confused on Shock size..
  • simonm
    Free Member

I decided to get a coil shock for my Alpine 160, thought it best to get the shock size from the horses mouth, so I phoned Orange a while ago – nice lady put me through to someone in the workshop who told me shock size was 200 x 57.. So I ordered a shock from the states, arrived after 3 weeks, went to fit it tonight and wow.. the shock size is wrong. The existing RP23 looks about 15mm longer… but, looking on the Fox website, Fox do not do a RP23 in anything longer than a 200 x 57 (7.875×57) Measuring the eye to eye on the RP23 its about 215mm (yes I know I should have done this to check what Orange said but…)

So is the RP23 custom to Orange ? anyone got any idea whats gone wrong here ?

thanks for help.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I think you can get a shock in a cutom sized i2i if you so desire, Mojo or TF do them I think.

Send your shock back and get the correct length model?

simonm
    Free Member

it came from the states via ebay… its certainly a 215 thats on there, the stroke also looks more like a 2.5″ one aswell if you measure the RP23 from can to the end of the shaft before the eyelet…

ganic
    Free Member

the e2e on my DHX 3.0 coil that came as stock on my Alpine 160 is 215mm

simonm
    Free Member

thanks Ganic, bugger ! btw, does the stroke look about 2.5″ or 2.25″ ?

ganic
    Free Member

my spring is 450lbs by 2.80, so the stroke will be at least 2.5

diplomatt
    Free Member

215mm * 63mm on the Alpine 160. The RP23 in that length is custom made for Orange. Bit of a booboo on Orange’s part telling you the wrong size.

simonm
    Free Member

awww bloody ell. Its one of those things thats impossible to proove aswell… O well, there is a nice new unridden vanilla R on ebay than !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Orange Alpine… confused on Shock size..’ is closed to new replies.