Orange Alpine 160

Home Forum Bike Forum Orange Alpine 160

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Orange Alpine 160
  • simonm

Anyone ridden one yet ? Thoughts AND Pics please. ta. Looks like a fantastically versatile bike….

I rode one breifly,it was a bit big for me, but i was impressed how well it climbed for a bike with such a relaxed steering angle.

Awesome bike,i would have one for sure.

😀

simonm

what shock was on the one you tried ? RP23 ?

simonm

Thin on the ground these must be 😉

MrNutt

I’m desperate to have a go on one of em!!

v10

I rode one a few months back on a dealer demo ride (spent a good hour on the bike). Was a nice enough bike to ride but it just didn’t inspire me. Climbed ok, descended as you would expect a long travel trail bike too, but it just didn’t seem to make much sense to me.

If you absolutely have to just own just 1 bike, ride proper tech trails and spend a decent period in the Alps every summer then maybe so. But I still think that even in this case a 5 with a talas 36 or pike would be less of a compromise.

Everything above is of course purely opinion, I’ve ridden and owned a lot of bikes but this one just didn’t register as special even though im generally a fan of their bikes.

Sorry I havent responded sooner,RP23 I think!

wl

Rode one for a day on steep, tight, tech trails in the Swiss Alps, and it was smart. If I didn’t already own a Patriot, I’d probably have one of these as a do-it-all (I’d be trying out an Orange Blood first though, just in case).

simonm

cheers WL… sound great..

simonm

btw Wl, what fork was on the front ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Orange Alpine 160’ is closed to new replies.