Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Orange Alpine 160
  • simonm
    Free Member

Anyone ridden one yet ? Thoughts AND Pics please. ta. Looks like a fantastically versatile bike….

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

I rode one breifly,it was a bit big for me, but i was impressed how well it climbed for a bike with such a relaxed steering angle.

Awesome bike,i would have one for sure.

😀

simonm
    Free Member

what shock was on the one you tried ? RP23 ?

simonm
    Free Member

Thin on the ground these must be 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’m desperate to have a go on one of em!!

v10
    Free Member

I rode one a few months back on a dealer demo ride (spent a good hour on the bike). Was a nice enough bike to ride but it just didn’t inspire me. Climbed ok, descended as you would expect a long travel trail bike too, but it just didn’t seem to make much sense to me.

If you absolutely have to just own just 1 bike, ride proper tech trails and spend a decent period in the Alps every summer then maybe so. But I still think that even in this case a 5 with a talas 36 or pike would be less of a compromise.

Everything above is of course purely opinion, I’ve ridden and owned a lot of bikes but this one just didn’t register as special even though im generally a fan of their bikes.

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

Sorry I havent responded sooner,RP23 I think!

wl
    Free Member

Rode one for a day on steep, tight, tech trails in the Swiss Alps, and it was smart. If I didn’t already own a Patriot, I’d probably have one of these as a do-it-all (I’d be trying out an Orange Blood first though, just in case).

simonm
    Free Member

cheers WL… sound great..

simonm
    Free Member

btw Wl, what fork was on the front ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Orange Alpine 160’ is closed to new replies.