Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Orange 5 sizing
  • mildred

I've had 2 x 18" 5's and a 16" sub-5.

I'm 5'10" so an inch over the Orange sizing guide. Does anyone else of my height ride a 16" 5? The reason i ask is that I miss my old 5 and I've got the chance of a 16" very cheap.

I didn't have the sub5 long enough for the size to become an issue, and just can't recall the fit.

hugh_b
    Free Member

I'm 6ft and ride an 18", my friend rides the 16" and is about the same size as you. He loves it! Finds it comfortable on the ups and fantastic on descents. It's all down the personal preference really. Some people will buy a frame as big as possible as they feel cramped otherwise, I buy the smallest frame I can comfortably ride everything on and the 18" was perfect.
    If your getting a really good deal you can always sell it on if you don't like it and most probably not loose any money!

bintangman
    Free Member

I'm 5'8' and a 16" is if anything a bit long (with a 70mm stem and an inline post). Reckon you'll be fine.

carbon337
    Free Member

5' 10" and I'm on an 18" frame here

CheesybeanZ

5'10" on a 18" frame here

rubberneck
    Free Member

5'11" on an 18,
    had a bit of back pain with stock stem bars etc and have swapped and changed constantly over the last 3 years. i have now settled on a hi rise & 40mm stem and it suits my 'light freeride 5' perfectly

AntM
    Free Member

I'm 5'7 and I'm on 16". I demoed an 18" and it felt ok but i went for the 16" as it would be a bit more 'chuckable'

sailor74
    Free Member

5'11" on an 18" frame running a 45mm stem. When I replace my current bike it will be for a 16" frame.

el_creedo
    Free Member

5'10 and on an 18" frame – but I reckon a 16" would've been ok, if you drop your seatpost lots and maybe do shorter, more agressive rides (or lean toward descending rather than all-round riding) – I'd say a 16 would be cool.

Harmitans
    Free Member

5'11" on an 18" frame with 90mm stem and inline post. I've tried a 16" and I'm definitely better off on an 18".

mojo5pro
    Free Member

5'9" on a 16" and find it spot on. The 18" was fine for general riding but not as manoeuvrable as the 16" for me.

foxyrider
    Free Member

6ft on an orange Five 18" – inside leg 32" so longer reach than someone with a 34" leg IMHO 🙂

mah05
    Free Member

iam 5.7 and had an 18 and now got a 16. the 18 felt more comfotable climbing and the 16 feels better for the more technical decents both had 70 stems

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 sizing’ is closed to new replies.