Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)
  • Orange 5 – show me you colours…
  • genesis
    Free Member

Wonder if they could be persuaded to do a ‘raw’ Alpine160, like Intense do their frames?

GaryLake
    Free Member

Fools gold does need to be seen in the flesh – I personally like it because it’s a nice match for the stanchion colour but also because it tends to take on the colour of the ambient light – almost silver in midday sun but very bronzy in sunset light, quite cold and bluey in early morning. It doesn’t seem to suffer from top tube clouding as much.

Plus I’ve never passed another one on the trail so it’s good for vanity sake.

Richyb
    Free Member

Wonder if they could be persuaded to do a ‘raw’ Alpine160, like Intense do their frames?

My brother has just gone half way through this process, he got the raw frame from Orange and then had it shot blasted, but was then struggling to find someone to polish it for him so just had it built up like that. Haven’t got any pictures but it looks nice, not disimilar to fools gold but more matt silver looking. He got the idea as Rowan Sorrel rides a polished one, but Orange didn’t do it for him, or at least couldn’t get it done for my brother.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Oh sweet jesus, colour coded rims are now an option – fools gold rims – lursh!

enfht
    Free Member

Mike-outandabout’s Apple Green is my fave so far

jwt
    Free Member

Dirt have a ‘5’ article this month, with the frame and swingarm polished by a local metal polishers……….reminds me of my old chrome finsh san andreas…………..(drifts off dreaming………..)

snowslave

Nightride stealth colours

matt_outandabout

Cheers all – order placed.

Pics will be posted when it arrives 😉

nina
    Free Member

wah did you get matty?

GaryLake
    Free Member

Colour???

matt_outandabout

Not telling.

*now has to sit out 7-10 days of anticipation*

chunkypaul
    Free Member

boring grey…..

jonk

Here’s mine 2005 painted recently and my pop’s 2006 black one.

takisawa2

I want one of these now.
    Buggers.

Rickos
    Free Member

Steve Jones’ one from this months Dirt weighs in at 25.2 pounds. Looks great in the polished finish too.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm, those pics make me feel like I want those longer forks after all…

matt_outandabout

funny, looking at all the pics made me wonder if 140mm was too much 90% of the time…. 😕

GaryLake
    Free Member

Na, I always feel like I’m on a 120mm bike until I cock things up and that 20mm in the bank is there to save you…

GaryLake
    Free Member

I have to admit, naturally I like my Five the most in this thread but ChunkyPaul’s in chrome grey certainly comes close!

That and Richy’s powder blue but it really needs those Fox lowers in white!

Beagleboy

When I grow up, I’ve promised myself that I’m finally going to get an orange with a matching swingarm, they are so much nicer. Here’s mine anyway (if the picture posting mechanism is still the same), the colour is Laser Blue. It’s a really lovely anodised looking colour. Unfortunately, it’s also paper thin 😥 and has been the only source of dissapointment I’ve had in nearly 10yrs as an Orange fan spanning five bikes now.

Orangeanorak
    Free Member

goog
    Free Member

Orange 5’s are overrated

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

O go on then….here’s mine in default ’07 Pro colour of Silver.

I took this photo many moons ago when it was brand spankin’ new, never been ridden and just collected from the shop. Nearly two years on I still love the thing but I’m seriously tempted to send it back to Halifax and have it painted Cloud White.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

[/img]

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

T1t5!!

IMG_0341

Its here anyway if you’re interested.

goog
    Free Member

freeform5spot
    Free Member

goog, what size is yours?

GaryLake
    Free Member

Looks like an 18″

jackthedog
    Free Member

Can anyone tell what size Richyb’s is?

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

freeform5spot, are you asking about googs bike (the black 5) or my bike (silver 5)? goog posted the image for me because I’m a dumbass?

If mine, then its an 18″. Seatpost was exceptionally high as I’d not set it up for me at that point as it was striaght from the shop. Still haven’t creosoted that fence panel.

fingerbike
    Free Member

Can anyone tell what size Richyb’s is?

It’s a 16″…

jackthedog
    Free Member

cheers.

molgrips
    Free Member

funny, looking at all the pics made me wonder if 140mm was too much 90% of the time…. [:?]

What have you got? Swap?

matt_outandabout

molgrips – Member

What have you got? Swap?

Its on its way, and I am not telling…shhhh

theupsetter
    Free Member

Hollywell Green with no stickers – being a belfast man I thought it was best not to have the word “ORANGE” down the side of me bike…

mrmojo
    Free Member

Sorry to offend all you’s orange riders but .. they are seriously ugly looking bikes 🙁

matt_outandabout

show us a pretty one mrmojo

GaryLake
    Free Member

Sorry to offend all you’s orange riders but .. they are seriously ugly looking bikes [:(]

Post your bike or GTFO! 😛

I love it when people start with things like “Sorry to offend” or “No offence but” – it’s like a polite way of announcing you’re about to be c**t…

snowslave

Take mrmojo outside for the stoning ceremony. With oranges

MattF

I had a quick go on an 18″ Five Pro. I gave it back really quickly otherwise I would have decided that I ‘needed’ one.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 – show me you colours…’ is closed to new replies.