Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Orange 5 shock bushings
  • orangesoul
    Free Member

Hi

My 5 shock bushings have developed play in them. Which one normally develops the play?

Cheers

Ed

edward2000
    Free Member

Hi Ed. My name is also Ed. High 5!

righog
    Free Member

I have just changed the bushings on a 2011 Five, with a RP23, front had the most play but rear also needed changing.

EDIT I should also add that I left mine far to long, and also had to change the bolts and there is still a tiny amount of play, so I am looking at getting new top hats as well….I will not leave it so long next time.

legend
    Free Member

Which one normally develops the play?

Are you asking this out of interest, or because you can’t work out which one it is?

Contrary to righog’s experience, I wear through swingarm ones faster

orangesoul
    Free Member

Out of interest and also because I can’t figure out which one has the play!!

Last time they were done I’m sure the mechanic said one normally wears out faster but I can’t remember which one he said.

legend
    Free Member

The rear sees more rotation, so that’s probably what he’s thinking. Also, if you’re still running the original ‘top hat’ reducers it’s worth swapping out for a ‘heavy duty’ kit from the likes of TF Tuned

orangesoul
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice chaps.

pugster007
    Free Member

It’s always the swingarm pivot that goes first for me, the best thing to check is to lift the rear wheel off the ground, or at least take the weight using the top tube, and with your other hand put your index finger on top of the pivot, you should feel it move (slightly).

I have also known worn / loose pivot bearings to give the same symptoms ,,,, Check that your swing arm is central.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 shock bushings’ is closed to new replies.