Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Orange 5 re-call
  • Popocatapetl

Orange have today announced in an article in the "Daily Mail" that they are to re-call all models of the Orange 5 due to them being more "Ting than bling". The annoying "ting" will be rectified by filling the frames with expanding foam. An Orange spokesperson has said that they will be setting up trail side rectification centres with experts trained to fill the correct orifices. A spokesperson for the STW massive said "Thank god for that, those bloody Orange fives annoy the S**t out of me with their tingy frames and loud OEM freewheels" 😆

AlasdairMc

??

falkirk-mark

Good if it annoys you then thats one good reason for leaving it as it is

hugh_b
    Free Member

I saw the thread title and thought i'd be without a bike for a while 😆

Mine doesn't sound "tingy" on descents. My freehub is nice and loud though, good really as people can always here me coming!

singlespeedstu

Tinging Oranges don't bother me.

Those **** creaking Marins do though.

Runs away and hides.

jackal
    Free Member

If you rode fast enough then you wouldn't hear the hope hubs or 'tinging' echoing swingarms 😉

Northwind

Yup, that's right jackal, as long as you exceed 330m/s :mrgreen: Not bothered by the "ting" but so many of them have hope hubs in and the swingarm seems to contain speakers or something, it just takes a horrible noise and makes it worse.

andrewh
    Free Member

My Marin creaks.
    Not as annoying as a disc wheel on a TT bike though, constantly sounds there's someone else right behind me.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

i miss the noise of my 5

in fact its the only thing i do miss about the the damb thing

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Leave some space so they can get past you, the problem will soon leave you behind. 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

andrewH – disk wheels + 1

sounds like a fighter jet on afterburn when one of the 19 min 10mi boys comes winging past you !

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Got two fives and I love em both. Both have noisy Hope freehubs and I love those too. In fact I love just about everything that qualifies to have a Union Jack on it, apart from Austin Ambassadors 😀
    LOL @ Cupidstunt – I find my "noisy" bikes soon disappear out of earshot on the descents 😆

roughneck
    Free Member

this sounds like a friday thread!!

rOcKeTdOg

i got told off by my riding buddy for "making him nervous" when behind him on descents with my proII hub, i said it was good training for him to try and stay infront

roughneck
    Free Member

I've had hope hubs for the last 13 years, nuff said!!

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

my Marin doesn't creak

my Orange sounds like 13 stories of scaffolding crashing onto a stockpile of biscuit tins though

foxyrider
    Free Member

I wrapped a sliced innertube around each swing arm and its quite as a mouse now – justy doesn't look quite as nice though 🙂

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Only thing that makes a noise on the five is chain slap. Just stick a lizard skin or similar on the swing arm.
    Quite reassuring that "noise" is the only thing people can pick fault with! 😀

ChrisL

I like the noise my Pro II freehub makes on my 5. Well I do unless I want to talk to anyone I'm riding with. 🙂

misterfrostie
    Free Member

My 5's aren't noisy but then again i did build them with TLC

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 re-call’ is closed to new replies.