Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Orange 5 problems?
  • losmanos
    Free Member

I’ve got a 5,about 2 1/2 years old. Paint has started bubbling up around a cable guide, looks like its corrosion. Anyone else come across this? I’m pursuing it through the warranty

cloudnine
    Free Member

I’ve heard about issues with the runners on the top drawer and getting an index card jammed in the front slot..

patriotpro
    Free Member

It’ll be metal fatigue.

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Well, who would have thought that the first response to a five thread would be filing cabinet related.

Original.

I’m sure Orange will be forthcoming with a response. I’m guessing positive ( for you ). Although I’ve never heard of this before so ill come back here to find out how it goes.

losmanos
    Free Member

I’m hoping it will be positive. There’s a 1 year warranty on the paint but 3 years on the frame. A mate of mine who’s a welder/fabricator says the corrosion is probably caused by moisture getting into a faulty weld on the cable guide. The dealer is still trying to get hold of Orange…..

STATO
    Free Member

A mate of mine who’s a welder/fabricator says the corrosion is probably caused by moisture getting into a faulty weld on the cable guide.

and how exactly does your welder suggest the water is getting through the paint?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Does it really matter? What kind of solution would you be hoping for?

acidchunks

I’ve heard about issues with the runners on the top drawer and getting an index card jammed in the front slot..

😆

hora
    Free Member

Does it really matter? What kind of solution would you be hoping for?

An expensive free paint job?

Its 2.5yrs old and its only a 1yr paint warranty and you are going to ask?!

What about salt? At somepoint you’ll have ridden on the road on it maybe during winter- crossing to trails/odd commute?

I wouldn’t ask.

😆

johnellison
    Free Member

A mate of mine who’s a welder/fabricator says the corrosion is probably caused by moisture getting into a faulty weld on the cable guide.

And how is this going to cause corrosion on an aluminium frame, unless it’s salt water?

Talk to Orange. Best bet.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

unless it’s salt water

Do they not grit roads where you live?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Orange 5 problems?

Not having one….?

tinsy
    Free Member

2 1/2 years old off road bike… just suck it up & use it as an excuse to get it powdercoated in a snazzy new colour scheme.

I can see it being any defect, cable guide could have been knocked & cracked the paint or any number of reasons for it happening.

plyphon
    Free Member

quick, take it apart before it blows up

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 problems?’ is closed to new replies.