Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Orange 5 Mk2 colours.. Inspiration required.
  • 1981miked
    Free Member

Evening all,

Following on from my recent topic I have decided to go for the Orange 5. Spent the last few days looking at build options and colours.

Decided on the pro spec with a few upgrades but undecided on colour. I will be going for tarty orange Hope bits and I’m between Charcoal grey (with black decals) or Mountain mint (probably black decals aswell). Hoping somebody will have a picture or 2 if possible?

Boring topic I know but I thought I’d ask.

Thanks in advance.

chestrockwell

The charcoal one on their site looks ace IMO. Mountain mint is lovely as well but maybe not with orange hope.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m hopefully ordering my mk2 tomorrow and I’m opting for mountain mint.

My mind was made up when I saw Robowns on here.

Northwind

If you get anything but an orange orange, you’re a wrong un. Pink and neon yellow are forgivable though

andyg1966

Charcoal grey with orange decals looks good as paid for option, or for free Fizzy Orange / Black decals.

Any deals going at the moment?

woody2000

Orange Orange, it’s the only option. Atomic Orange and black decals for mine 🙂

Here it is hanging out with some other 5s

robowns
    Free Member

Haha thanks Mosey; appreciate the comment!

Mountain Mint below

woodster

^ That looks ace, but the orange hope stuff is perhaps a touch washed out to really work, maybe? Although you could call it toothpaste and orange juice.

I’d go with the Mint and purple.

1981miked
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses.. I reckon the Mountain Mint would go with the Orange bits.. Like the GT40 of the 60’s? They were both designed about the same time.

I like Orange coloured bikes but my last 2 have been Orange so time for a change, Atomic Orange looks ace though. Is that 70’s beige on the other 5’s in that picture Woody? I didn’t see that as an option.. ; )

Any idea what they are weighing in at? Everybody enjoying them?

1981miked
    Free Member

Purple would be good but not an option on the upgrade list.. It’s black or Orange.

1981miked
    Free Member

Meant to ask.. Is the Guide RS brake upgrade worth it or are the standard ones ok? Only thing I’ll not be going for straight away is the dropper post, hoping to get one soon though. I assume the stealth versions are easy enough to install? Been looking at the Giant ones today.

woody2000

I haven’t ridden mine yet, only had it 3 months! Hoping for some cold weather to dry up the ground again, hard tail weather at the moment 🙂

Re weight, not heavy by any means but with plenty of scope for shedding weight if that’s your thing.

strangey13
    Free Member

I’ve got a black one and a mate’s had his mk 1 re done in charcoal. Both scuffed up in places fairly quickly, polish up alright but will probably get a change of colour at the end of the year ( orange )

cookeaa

Charcoal grey

Mmmmm grey…

Definitely suitable for an Orange… 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

I saw a Kermit Green one at Glentress, that’s a beautiful colour.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Out of atomic orange and mint green, atomic orange without a doubt..
    Heres my apple green..

smogmonster

Ive aways been a hater of the ol’ filing cabinet….but man, those current models look sooooooooo ‘right’.

floki
    Free Member

Old Gen. Five, but simply polished is the only way to go.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Be quick and have it done neon pink , and get tartys black hope stuff

zero-cool
    Free Member

I quite like either Grey with Black decals or black with grey decals.
    Or black /grey with Orange details.

I currently have a Neon Pink Alpine with Black decals and like that but probably get something more stealth next time.

I also like that Mint one. It looks lovely

Tom KP

fd3chris
    Free Member

I like the mint the most. It’s a lovely colour.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Atomic orange with black decals. Then charcoal with orange decals. Third is that mint colour. Such good bikes, even riding an ibis HD3 I miss the five .

chakaping
    Free Member

Charcoal will look best with the orange bits IMO.

Do they still do sterling silver? Someone had that with orange decals on a new Five and it looked sensational.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Mountain Mint looks like it should be a Yeti.
    My Orange 5 is white so that I get loads of chances to tell my favourite mtb joke:
    “Yeah I know my Orange is white but I have got an orange Whyte at home!”
    I’ll get my coat……

wl
    Free Member

Excellent choice of bike – they’re superb. Mountain mint with black bits and decals looks ace – there’s one in Blazing Saddles. Cyan blue is another great colour along with black parts and decals. Personally, I’ve never liked the look of any bike sporting those brightly coloured Hope components. For me it’s the equivalent of those weird pearlescent car paint jobs – garish and a bit tacky. I like Hope kit, but only in black.

beagle
    Free Member

Pink all the way ! Black bits.

Yum

stevedoc
    Free Member

Ive been umming and aahhing since I spoke to Paul at Orange in November about getting mine changed from the Neon Orange it is now to Pink ,but the problem is I don’t ride fast enough for pink (bike that is )

scuttler

Fizzy Orange here (was an ex-demo) but if I was choosing it’d be Mountain Mint with a respray in four years when I get sick of it.

1981miked
    Free Member

Some good points people.. Thanks. No closer to deciding really, I had a grey one about 5 years ago so perhaps a different colour this time. I do like the Orange colours but just fancied a change having had an orange Soul for the past 5 years.

I loved the Apple green but not sold on Kermit green, I’d love it in pink but not sure I’d be able to like it say 6 months! Plus I’d really like some Orange hope shiny bits.

Perhaps Atomic or Fizzy Orange, black hope kit but Orange hubs? This really shouldn’t be so bloody hard. Did you get it ordered today Mosey? What spec did you go for?

st4nley
    Free Member

Here is my OH Cyan Blue 5 with Red Hope bits, recently repainted.[url=https://flic.kr/p/CrhR4p]IMG_1895[/url] by tony hall, on Flickr

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m hovering over buy now and can’t make my mind up either!!

I’m thinking, fizzy orange, mountain mint or sterling silver!

andyg1966

Fizzy Orange and spend the £100 on upgrades

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ooooh st4nley that is lovely! 8)

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

What’s the difference between the atomic and fizzy orange

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve just pressed buy!!

Can’t wait to build this bad boy

woody2000

What colour did you go for? 🙂

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Couldn’t resist the mountain mint 🙂

woody2000

Nice 🙂

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Now I wish I’d gone for orange though ha!

1981miked
    Free Member

Nice choice Mosey. I’ll hopefully be ordering mine in a couple of weeks. Will need to make a few enquiries to confirm spec and colour choice first. Sunset MTB don’t appear to charge for a custom colour.

I’m still finding it hard to resist mountain mint. When is yours arriving Mosey?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 Mk2 colours.. Inspiration required.’ is closed to new replies.