Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Orange 5 and Alpine 2017
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

They have said its 400g lighter (the five) than the mk2 650b model which was lighter than the previous models apparently. That said my 2015 mk2 650b weighs about the same as my old 26er five.

And at some point we will find out the weight of the magic reference frame..

philwarren11
    Free Member

I currently ride the last 26″ alpine, 2014. Flows, DPS Dueller coil etc..

I’m not worried about weight.

I wanted boost rear end when i moved to 650b for added stiffness. 170mm forks is a nice option as i was thinking about getting a dh bike but this might cover everything i need.

This ticks all the boxes for me, i love my alpine so no doubt i’ll love this bike.

chestrockwell

Looking back at this for a link but:

And can anyone see any difference between the 2016 and 2017 Four?

The Four and Segment frames are the same for 2017 as current, which to be fair were only released earlier this year. Bit of a shame as the new bikes have full internal cable routing which looks sweet.

colinv6
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at buying an Orange Five recently and had a brief trial of a 2016 Factory model in Mountain mint.

It’s at the very top end of my budget and I’m not sure weather to go for it or for a 2017 Five S or Pro…

Obviously much better spec on the Factory but due to it being a bike on sale it’s not included in any 0% finance deals.

chestrockwell

I think if I were going for a 5 I’d probably go 2017 over a discounted 2016 unless it had loads of money off. Surely you could get the 2017 RS for 2016 Factory money?

Saying all that, I was very tempted by the 2016 Pro Line they’re doing at the moment. As that’s not discounted you can get the 0%.

andyg1966

I got 20% off a Mk2 Five frame in the Bikescene black Friday sale last November. Might me worth waiting or using this as a starting point for negotiations.

wl
    Free Member

2017 bikes has significant differences over the 2016 (differences you can actually notice in the ride), but both will be great bikes.

colinv6
    Free Member

To update, I ordered one of the last pro-lines from sunset MTB last night 😀 unfortunately they had run out of mountain mint so I went for Atomic Orange, black decals and I swapped the Pikes for Fox factory 36 kashima and the rear shock for Fox CTD factory kashima!

Can’t wait!!

Northwind

colinv6 – Member

unfortunately they had run out of mountain mint so I went for Atomic Orange

Lucky escape that!

colinv6
    Free Member

Haha, I like the Mountain mint, that was the colour of the factory bike. My wife said it was a girls colour though so maybe it was never meant to be!!

colinv6
    Free Member

Also is a rear swing arm protector worth getting?

Orange have one on their website for £10, you’d think they would chuck one in with a £3k bike wouldn’t you!!!

wl
    Free Member

Just seen these bikes in the flesh for the first time and they look ridiculously nice.

honourablegeorge

wl – Member
    Just seen these bikes in the flesh for the first time and they look ridiculously nice.

All new bikes look ridiculously nice. New rotors, unlemished cassettes…. gives me goosebumps.

wl
    Free Member

Nah, with all due respect, plenty of bikes look crap right from the showroom. I’m talking about angles, lines, sizing, tube profiles, colours, graphics etc. These new Oranges will look great whatever condition they’re in.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Like. The. Grey.

A. Lot.

8)

wl
    Free Member

Grey looked great. Probably my favourite. They new grey, that is.

fettlin

Mini PSA:

talk to your local orange dealer about 2016 five frames, a reliable source told me orange are doing discounts with forks to shift the old frames.

Don’t know how much or what forks, but could be enough to top the balance one way or the other for prospective purchasers.

wl
    Free Member

Just demoed the 2017 Alpine6 over three days, on a wide range of Calderdale’s finest legal and cheeky trails. It’s very, very good indeed. Toying with one of these or the new Five. I’ll decide once I’ve tried the Five.

flaps
    Free Member

fifeandy
    Lets see, colour of a battleship, giant hideous welds all over like a battleship and weighing about as much as a battleship.

I bet it doesn’t float as well though 😉

Something keeps drawing me to Orange bikes but then the price in comparison to to other brands pushes me back.

chestrockwell

Also is a rear swing arm protector worth getting?

Orange have one on their website for £10, you’d think they would chuck one in with a £3k bike wouldn’t you!!!

The Segment I just got from Sunset came with one so hope yours did too.

legend
    Free Member

Don’t think I’ve had any chain slap since getting a clutch mech, I wouldn’t(don’t) both with a protector

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 and Alpine 2017’ is closed to new replies.