Orange 5 AM vs Titus El Guapo

Home Forum Bike Forum Orange 5 AM vs Titus El Guapo

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Orange 5 AM vs Titus El Guapo
  • andybanks

Hi

Following my thread on buy new vs second hand vs build I’ve come down to buying something either new or almost new.

I’ve also decided to go for something with a bit more travel so it’s a totally different ride to my current XC hard tail.

So. Given the choice of a 2012 Five AM with upgraded forks plus reverb, or a new El Guapo, what would you go for and why?

Two very different bikes but similar in travel.

I know there are a few five fan boys and also haters on here, plus the El Guapo has had mixed reviews.

So, what would you do?

hambl90

Not had any experience with the newer fives but I’ve just built up an el guapo . First proper ride on it today at bike park wales and was impressed with how stable and stiff it was . Bit heavier than my last bike but a lot more confidence inspiring .

andybanks

How’ve you built your El Guapo up?

I’m looking at the full bike from On One with Cane Creek shock.

hambl90

I got the one with the monarch shock and built it with lyrik 160mm forks , slx / xt drive and brakes and superstar am 490 rims on switch evo hubs and dropper post . Here’s a pic .

Get the el guapo, great bike! Plus every turd and his dog have a five! You’re not a turd are you?

andybanks

Hambl90 – that looks sweet. Nice bike!

Oddly, the Cane Creek El Guapo is working out cheaper than the Monarch one at the moment as the monarch is only available in White. The black Cane Creek looks like a steal!

Hoping to get an order in tomorrow.

Not had a go on an El Guapo but have had a 5 AM and thought it was ace. I prefered it with 140mm to 160mm but it worked either way. Also, if you’re getting it second hand then if you look after it you’ll be able to sell it on in a year or two without losing too much cash. I went from a 2006 5 to a second hand 2009 to a 2013 5 29 without shelling out too much. 😉

Hi, I’ve got the El Guapo and really like it, have ridden my mates 5 and the EG seems much stiffer and more solid. I swapped from a Prophet and the EG climbs better (even though it weighs more)and descends much better. Got the raw frame with the monarch which (in my opinion) looks amazing!

hambl90

My 2nd outing today on my new el guapo build and I’m very impressed , the rockshox lyrik is a great match with the frame as well . Climbs very well and descends even better 😛 both rides have been at bike park wales in poor conditions and the el guapo hasn’t failed to impress , best bike I’ve owned by far , get one you won’t be disappointed .

andybanks

I finally ordered last week. Just waiting on delivery now.

Thanks guys.

hambl90

good choice , enjoy

FROGLEEK

Love my Guapo with CCDB ,new 55crs arriving for it this week
    Only spot of advice run a short crank to avoid strikes and also add an angle reducer headset to make it really come alive

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 AM vs Titus El Guapo’ is closed to new replies.