Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • orange 5
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

i don’t get why people hate on the poor five so much, i’ve owned one and its a fantastic bike, i even think its good looking .

Humour mainly, I own one and it is not a looker IMHO

I have never seen a five that isn’t sparking clean and shiney)

I can not recall cycling somewhere popular and not seeing one tbh so you are either trolling or dont get out much and probably not in poor weather

mbarnes
    Free Member

I have never seen a five that isn’t sparking clean and shiney)
    It’s a bike! Get some mud on it!

here you go, this is mine, now you can say you’ve seen one

mbarnes
    Free Member

And because I like that people do sometimes confirm to stereo types, here’s me building my new one:

muckytee
    Free Member

🙂

either trolling or dont get out much

I blame the latter, today being one of those inside days.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What annoys me is that people who own 5s tend to treat them like a Jaguar E type i.e. clean, polish, only take it out on that special dry sunday once a month. (I have never seen a five that isn’t sparking clean and shiney)

It’s a bike! Get some mud on it!

Are you mad? I helicoptered mine in to get this shot….

Newtonmore 2012 044 by jimmyg352, on Flickr

jasonm945
    Free Member

Why are Orange bikes like Marmite…

ask1974
    Free Member

What annoys me is that people who own 5s tend to treat them like a Jaguar E type i.e. clean, polish, only take it out on that special dry sunday once a month. (I have never seen a five that isn’t sparking clean and shiney)

Here you go… a nice muddy one for you. This is what mine has looked like after about ten minutes on the trail on pretty much every ride this year… Bloody weather! Looked much the same today but I like the idea of it working so I tend to clean it afterwards 🙄

thewalker
    Free Member

I have had many bikes, which cost alot more than a 5. If you are honest, for a do it all bike, you would have to go a long way to beat one!! To those of you that dis them….you must have been passed by them many times.

godzilla
    Free Member

My sister takes the pee out of my 5 & Patriot, 3 draw 5 draw and all that, now she’s looking at one herself, seems she may have been a closet Five lover all along :mrgreen: <Hi Zo x)

clareymorris

Oh they get ridden…..and muddy. All in the same shot 😀

yoshimi

I never ride mine, just clean it 😉

godzilla
    Free Member

Clareymorris, Ullswater?

ask1974
    Free Member

You know what Yoshimi, that’s a great idea. I might pop down to the store tomorrow and pick one up exactly for that purpose, better take the A6 as the TT’s a bit small 😉

stufive
    Free Member

I love my five it makes me want to ride just looking at it and its usually clean because it gets cleaned every time I use it

image by Stufive, on Flickr

sime46
    Free Member

Mine. Used hard but much loved. Don’t understand all the haters. It’s bizarre. I love it. I payed for it. I’ll probably swap it for another when its time. I’m not hurting you or critiquing you’re choices. To each their own eh?

tazzymtb

To those of you that dis them….you must have been passed by them many times.

LOL

never, but I have owned one, and compared to a lot of other bikes I’ve had it was nothing special, nice in a ford mondeo kinda way, nowt special or magical…..and about as attractive as bath ditto. 😆

see, I kinda don’t rip the piss until I’ve got experience, that way my stance is justified from my personal experience.

Northwind

b45her – Member

@northwind

by handmade i mean bent, welded and painted from a sheet of aluminium by blokes in overalls using hand tools .

What a totally weird definition of handmade! (not to mention that the Five doesn’t comply with it…)

coogan
    Free Member

Don’t understand all the haters. It’s bizarre. I love it.

Why’s it bizarre? Some like something, others don’t. Pretty simple really.

mashiehood
    Free Member

ask1974 – im assuming you live around the surrey hills – did you get it muddy today as there was plenty about

ask1974
    Free Member

Yes mate pleased to live ‘in’ the hills, albeit a little west of the popular ‘three peaks’ and oh yes, nice and dirty today – the sandy wet type that kindly lets you hear your drive train wear away 😳

tommygunadam
    Free Member

Carron Valley 2012 by TommyGunAdam, on Flickr

Drove it up here on top of my BM before polishing it and then taking a picture on my iPhone. Also race it and get it dirty now and again as well. ……

Northwind

An orange one! At last!

RichieBoy
    Free Member

Mine hasnt been properly cleaned since i bought it. And i’m not proud of that. If i had the time i’d clean it to death after every ride. Thats because it cost a lot of money and i look after my stuff. That ok? 😉

sime46
    Free Member

Don’t understand all the haters. It’s bizarre. I love it.
    Why’s it bizarre? Some like something, others don’t. Pretty simple really.
    The bizarre part for me is not the choices people make, nor the opinions. It’s the fact that people come on here and basically rip the pi## out of those of us that have a Five and like them. If you hate it that’s fine. I may hate what you ride but I won’t come on here and say its crap. We all are free to choose. For the money and for my riding preferences there’s nothing I’d rather ride. I’m not saying its the best bike in the world. Just that my £3500 was spent in the best way to suit my needs and wants. I’m not asking for your approval. Just ease off with the criticism. Every time someone posts relating to a Five(or any Orange) the threads get flooded with people taking the pi## just cos its not a Cotic or some such bike. Sorry. It’s just getting boring.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

PMSL – not their biggest fan for the overpriced, good but not awesome ride reasons however starting a thread going Orange 5 -LOOK AT MY ORANGE 5 – Quick post more pics of out ORANGE 5’s so we can all go awww aint it pritty is going to get some piss taken out of it. Was the OP trolling??

sime46
    Free Member

I guess I missed the point then. Not for the first time and deffo not the last.

roverpig

I like mine for pretty much the same reasons as I like my Brompton, which also happens to be orange. I like that it’s made in Britain. I like that the design doesn’t change every other year for the sake of it. But most of all I like the fact that it just works. No fuss and no trying to pretend it’s perfect. Just a decent set of compromises producing a tool that does the job.

The only thing I don’t like is the assumptions that people seem to make about you if you ride a Five. Don’t seem to get that with the Brompton, which is as popular in cities as the Five is on the trail. Most people just accept that you bought a Brompton because you wanted a decent folding bike, but the Five seems to come with a whole lot of extra baggage for some reason.

As for not getting it dirty; well that would be pretty much impossible given the state of the trails up here this year!

Cheers

Andy

clareymorris

Godzilla yep 😀

rickt
    Free Member

As always, some great photos in this thread. 🙂 🙂

chrism110
    Free Member

on its first outing few months back

accu
    Free Member

just bought one of the last 26″ frames to upgrade this…

[/url][/img]

righog
    Free Member

robhughes
    Free Member

I too have give in to temptation after many years or resisting.I just couldn’t say no as i bought it off here for really silly money. 😀
    Back to orange for a repaint this week.
    They do look really bland with no decals though.

legend
    Free Member

Current plan: sell 26er frame for inflated price to someone who “must have” one, buy 27er frame, put on 26er wheels, enjoy longer, lower Five 😉

rickt
    Free Member

robhughes – plus new pivot bearings too, so like a new one!

Will be interested in your thoughts with that shock too.

robhughes
    Free Member

Yep.New bearings and a good check over for alignment. 🙂

Toasty

Current plan: sell 26er frame for inflated price to someone who “must have” one, buy 27er frame, put on 26er wheels, enjoy longer, lower Five

Higher bb on the new one, not sure it would make much difference. You’d just get longer chainstays 🙂

bowie278
    Free Member

Tommygunadam… Is that neon orange?! It’s looks awesome! What year is it?

I’m talking with a guy about buying his neon orange Five at the moment and that picture makes me preeeetty excited. :mrgreen:

justatheory
    Free Member

ask1974 – That’s one of the best looking Orange Fives I’ve ever seen.

rickt
    Free Member

ask1974 – That’s one of the best looking Orange Fives I’ve ever seen.

yeah.. his does look nice.

I will upload a couple of pic’s of mine.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘orange 5’ is closed to new replies.