Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Orange 322 sizing and views
  • ddmonkey

Hello All, possibly the wrong forum but has anyone on here got an Orange 322? Any thoughts about the bike generally? I had a 223 back in the day and liked it but found it a bit linear… is the 322 noticeably more progressive as claimed? Also can anyone tell me the reach on the large frame? Many thanks 🙂

ddmonkey

Bump – anyone?

ddmonkey

I’ll take that as a no then! 🙂 Doesn’t seem to be as popular as previous versions.

wl
    Free Member

Dirt reviewed it a while back I think. Very likely to be an ace bike.

chakaping
    Free Member

IIRC the gist of the Dirt review was: “looks like a dog’s dinner, goes like shit off a shovel”

If Steve Jones didn’t complain about the sizing then the odds are the large is pretty large!

(Personally I like the look of it)

wl
    Free Member

Yep, that gist sounds familiar to me, too. Dirt always rate Orange’s downhill bikes highly – quite rightly more interested in function over form. Plus the fact that there’s bugger all to go wrong.

ddmonkey

Yes that’s what appeals to me – my 223 was bombproof and if I do get another DH bike I’d want it for fun and to last forever, so thought this might fit the bill. I’d love Orange to put a Reach measurement n the site as it really helps when working out if a bike is long enough.

I take your point about Mr Jones not saying its too short – must be alright then! 🙂

wl
    Free Member

Folk at Orange have always been super-helpful in my experience. Maybe drop them a line. If you’re in their neck of the woods, they might even say pop down to check a bike for sizing. Good luck.

ddmonkey

Hmm – I calculate the reach to be around 424mm for the long, thats 35mm less than my Enduro bike… a bit short…

ddmonkey

Same as a Zerode. Hmm…

orange225
    Free Member

How tall are you? Mines a large and I’m 5’11”, but I do like my bikes quite long.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Orange 322 sizing and views’ is closed to new replies.