Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Options instead of iMovie for GoPro editing please…
  • rickmeister

I have just got a new Macbook Pro and there is no iMovie with it…..

The most recent version is an 11 quid option and its not getting very good reviews… disappointing as the iMovie I was using was pretty good and simple.

What else is out there as a recommendation for go pro editing?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Adobe premiere for me, others suggest Sony Vegas or the go pro own one. Do you want to cut chop and add music or more than that?

timmys

I have just got a new Macbook Pro and there is no iMovie with it…..

Something wrong there, a MacBook Pro (in fact all Apple computers, phones and tablets) come with iMovie.

The most recent version is an 11 quid option and its not getting very good reviews… disappointing as the iMovie I was using was pretty good and simple.

It’s fine, people don’t like change.

rickmeister

Thanks Mike, will have a look. Cut, chop, music and stuff

Timmys, its a refurbed macbook pro and has El Cap as OS but not a lot else. Will have a look for an iLife disc and see if I can go from there…. but I don’t have a disc reader but Ill work around that one…

timmys

iLife disks are long since history, iMovie is part of the standard El Cap install. No idea why you don’t have it but an OS re-install from the recovery partition should get it back (restart and hold down command-R to boot into recovery mode, a fresh OS install should be non-destructive to your data but def make sure you have a back-up first).

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP it should be there, hit the F4 button (with the 6 squares) or type imovie into Finder search (search this mac) or log into App store and look at iMovie (perhaps thats where you saynit was £11 but it should be free)

All of this applies on the basis its a new not older used machine. Also find a mate with a new Mac and borrow his AppleId to download it free ?

bensales
    Free Member

Make sure your install of OS-X is registered with the App Store, then you should just be able to download all of the ex-iLife apps including iMovie from the App Store.

rickmeister

Thanks folks, will give these a try.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Options instead of iMovie for GoPro editing please…’ is closed to new replies.