Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • options for fitting panniers on front forks help
  • karnali
    Free Member

I currently have a carbon gravel bike that has mudguard mounts half way up the inside of the front fork and bolt through hole on the fork crown.

I’m in the process of buying a new hardtail and looking at a few but the alpkit dicsount has just brought the broken road and signal into range at the lwoest spec.

I need to sometimes use one of the bikes to carry stuff to work in panniers and also I do a couple of short tours with the kids each year where I need panniers at least.

I fitted a rack to the rear of the gravel bike this year using a seat post clamp with fixings and the rear guard mounts but it was set with the support stays at full etension and it wobbled with one light pannier on.

I’m swaying to the broken road purely for the rear mounts, but the signal looks more fun for normal mtbing.

Is there a front low rider rack i can fit to the gravel fork mentioed above or is there a rigid fork which is boost spacing or 100x12mm that i coudl fit to either of teh hardtail frames mentioned that i could use when I need to tour or rdei to work with panniers and swap back to the sus fork for normal duties. This won;t work on the gravel bike as the brake hose fits through the fork. I’ve looked at the frontier fork from alpkit but it looks like it will only fit the cages the sell to use dry bags on

sorry for the long explanantion but hope it makes sense

ta

steezysix
    Free Member

Not a low rider rack, but the specialized pizza rack fits to mid fork and crown eyelets. Super convenient design, but you’ll need to check if the fork mounts are rating to take a rack or only strong enough for mudguards!

karnali
    Free Member

cheers looked at loads of pictures do you know if it will fit to mounts on teh inside of the fork legs?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘options for fitting panniers on front forks help’ is closed to new replies.