Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Options for 2 days in South wales
  • stayhigh

Morning all,

I find myself somewhat unexpectedly with two free days and am thinking of escaping to South Wales for a couple of days riding. So let’s talk options of where to ride, nothing fancy needed, just point and shoot follow the trail.

Afan, Glyncorrwg, Cwn Carn or somewhere else?

Also shirt notice options for way to stay welcome too please.

TIA

jkomo

One at least at BPW. Maybe two.

kraken2345
    Free Member

I’ve done a couple of weekends in south wales, both times visiting BPW on one day and the other either forest of dean or walking along this waterfall trail where you can swim. The second wouldn’t be ideal at this time of the year.

Northwind

I’d go to BMCC. Maybe BPW too.

Akers

Depends what you’re after. For mint Enduro trail riding (ie steady fire road accents and steep techy descents) Barry Sidings is hard to beat.

csb

shirt notice options

Definitely not an England rugby shirt, nor anything needing a cummerbund.

weeksy

Afan day 1, bpw day 2. That’s how we usually play things.

stayhigh

@csb

I’m somewhat disappointed it’s taken two days for someone to pull me on this. Things have changed around here…

superstu
    Free Member

I’d go to Afan every time. BPW or Cwm carn for the second day

singlespeedstu

Barry Sidings
    Then Pontypool/Tirpentwys the next day would get my vote.

v7fmp

Barry Sidings.

chakaping
    Free Member

Do you like enduro-y, off-piste trails?

Do you have Trailforks?

soobalias
    Free Member

Gap ride.

joebristol

It depends what you like riding really. I’ve never lived Afan personally – love Brechfa and Cwmcarn for trail centre stuff. Riding through the moss or down a rocky bermy descent at Brechfa (I think on the Raven) really sticks in my mind from a few years back. That black / red combined loop is ace.

Cwmcarn always delivers – especially at this time of year when a lot of other places are a bit swampy. The 2 reds back to back and a sneaky blue to finish is a biggish day for me (blue actually currently shut as of yesterday – I think there are trees down).

I love BMCC but wouldn’t choose to ride it at this time of year given it’s mostly hardpack mud. In the summer it’s possibly my favourite day on a bike.

BPW is decent all weather riding if you like uplift – maybe do one big day e.g Brechfa and then one uplift day?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Options for 2 days in South wales’ is closed to new replies.