Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Optilabs, tints grey or brown?
  • Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Been looking at Optilabs prescription glasses.Was wanting to try the transitions lenses but not to sure.Seem to offer a grey or brown tint in transitions and standard lenses but not clear.Anyone have experience of the colour bearing in mind they will be used in dark woodland and nightriding occassionally.
    Thanx Max

samuri
    Free Member

Brown are too dark for night riding IME. They're sometimes too dark for woodland stuff too. It's really quite a strong tint on them.

mudmonster
    Free Member

I have a pair of their prescription ones with grey lenses. I had to get a less curved frame than the one I wanted as there was a lot of distortion. Felt like I was riding a toy bike. There is still a bit of distortion on these but I got used to it. They are meant to have scratch proof lenses but they are covered in scratches now after about 7 months. When I call I just get number busy or modem noises. The transition part of the lense works well though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    samuri
    Free Member

Not to detract from mudmonsters experiences but I found their after sales to be exceptional. The first pair they sent me gave me headaches and did have lots of distortion, they replaced them for a completely different pair free of charge, then that pair needed bending to fit my head a few times and the glasses went backwards and forwards a number of times. When I pointed out the cost of the postage they sent me a cheque immediately. I was very happy with them.

However, since then disposable contact lenses have finally reached my crazy assed prescription so now I just fit a pair and wear a twenty quid pair of rather natty cycling glasses which I can take off if it gets dark and if I break them, well that's a pity but never mind.

Much better option if you can take it IMO.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Optilabs, tints grey or brown?’ is closed to new replies.