Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • OPPO Find X2 Pro
  • Premier Icon cb

Hi, Phone needs replacing and although I would quite like to head back to iphone world, I just can’t stomach the prices.

Anyone have the OPPO Find X2 Pro, seems to be available at just over £400 now. What is real world battery life like and can they access Google Apps unlike the Huawei options (I have one of those at the moment and like it).

Also, numpty question, the new phone will be 5G, do I need a new SIM card or is all the gubbins in the phone i.e. I just keep the SIM card that I have now?

Thanks

Premier Icon danmac
    Free Member

My wife went from a Huawei P30 pro to one of these and was massively underwhelmed. Although it looks pretty she says, the Huawei did everything better and battery lasted twice as long. She’s currently trying to sell it i believe

Premier Icon MarkyG82

How much is a pixel 5 at the mo? Prices must be dropping with the incoming 6 announcement. Battery on mine is really good but the phone itself is not a power house which is only ever noticeable with the more hardcore games.

Premier Icon cb

Handset prices are 415 for the Oppo and I think 539 for the Pixel.

Don’t tend to game on the phone so not worried so much about that aspect. To be honest I’d never heard of Oppo before I saw them in John Lewis the other day. Same company as OnePlus apparently.

Will check out the Pixel 6 to see what that’s all about!

Premier Icon Hohum
    Free Member

I have had one of these for about a year now.

The positives are:

1. The screen is beautiful with great colours;
    2. The camera is great (I should use it more often though);
    3. I find the abbtery life pretty good and can use it a lot and still have charge at the end of the day.

I can’t think of many negatives to be honest, but having come from a Google Pixel 2 XL previously I miss the full blown Google and Android experience. I really liked the “now playing” feature on the Pixel.

I still have 2 years left on my contract and when I come to renew I will look at the latest Pixel offering.

Premier Icon cb

Thanks Hohum – helpful. Battery reviews are the only doubt remaining, lots of negative comments about but also some saying battery rubbish at first but sort of learns to adapt to the user if that makes sense

Premier Icon Flaperon
    Free Member

Pixel 5 is cheap at the moment…

Premier Icon cb

Can you share what constitutes cheap? And where from please?

Premier Icon Flaperon
    Free Member

Keep an eye on eBay sellers with the HAVE15 discount code, drops it to under £400.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.