Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • Opinions on suitable punishments/lessons for wannabe thieving scrote
  • Cletus

I think that the new value of the stolen goods should be assessed and converted into a community service order based upon the minimum wage rate.

The offender would then know how much honest graft is required to legitimately obtain the goods he took.

Any failure to appear for the work should result in a short custodial sentence and the remaining hours being increased.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I like the approach of doing Molgrips suggestion or if not then you do scotchegg’s idea.

binners

Any failure to appear for the work should result in a short custodial sentence and the remaining hours being increased.

Have you ever met any of these people? They don’t give a flying one about a short custodial sentence. Its all part of the game, and offers no deterrent whatsoever. It becomes a revolving door. They get sent down for 6 weeks, they’re out in 3, then literally the minute they’re out, they’re back nicking everything not nailed down again. Until they’re collared again. Then the exercise is repeated. Again and again and again…..

I don’t know what the answer is, but we need to start doing something differently, because all the Daily Mail, send-them-all-down frothing in the world is making eff all difference

iamroughrider
    Free Member

are there any local bike building / fixing type voluntary work schemes he can do? Might install a work ethic and some pride / self esteem / self worth in him.

dazh

Take him out on a bike ride.

Great idea. It’s a long shot, but it might just help him understand that nicking a bike isn’t like nicking a television. And he may even have fun in the process and discover a new way to occupy his time rather than causing trouble.

molgrips
    Free Member

Trail building was the OP’s idea.

As for outing him as a thief, he’d probably be proud of that.

DezB
    Free Member

he may even have fun in the process and discover a new way to occupy his time rather than causing trouble.

And then nick a bike to use for himself. Cos that’s ok.

redpanda
    Free Member

“I thought I could see the top of her left nipple eariler. I had to stand on a chair to be sure, but there it was. Absolutely shameful behaviour.”

tazzymtb

You looking it at wrong. It’s not theft, it’s urban scrumping. 😀

as someone who grew up with some very naughty young scallywags; the bleeding heart build a bike together and the joy of cycles and self worth will overcome years of negative behavior is total knackers IME and shows how unconnected to the real world some of you are. It’s not your fault, it’s just the circumstances you were raised in that have made you fluffy bunnies of peace and love.

oldbloke
    Free Member
    scandal42
    Free Member

You could take him on a lovely bike ride or build him a lovely bike, it won’t matter two shits if his parents are utter ****.

Maybe take the parents on a bike ride off Snowdon.

DezB
    Free Member

oldbloke – Member
    BBC linky maybe worth reading

Predictable really – shout at them, make them cry, sympathise with them, help them, advise them. Does it make a difference? Who knows?
    Maybe it’s more for the victim’s benefit than the scrote’s?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I was about to link the beeb story above. It seemed to work with that particular mugger: on impulse, decent parents, some hope of him straightening up.

Within that story, an anecdote tells of one victim who benefitted.

CountZero

A forum full of (mostly) lefty bearded tofu-eating sandal-wearing Guardian-reading hippies

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Ooooo, me sides! Secondary Modern, working class kid, who was basically brought up believing that an eye for an eye was the right way to do things. You know, like in the Old Testament, none of this ‘love thine enemy, turn the other cheek,’ fluffy bunny bollox.
    dd, lighten up, for heaven’s sake, you’ll give yourself an ulcer. 🙄

RustySpanner

I think you were right first time:
    A few weeks trailbuilding.

Might make him think, might be a lifechanger, he gets punished and
    we all get a rebuilt trail.

benji
    Free Member

All this nasty punishment stuff is just garbage, and is written by people who have no idea why people do the shit they do.

I don’t want to know why, I just want the only people who are locked in at night to be the criminals not people like me who get up and go to work each day, and spend ages locking and unlocking there posessions they have worked hard to obtain, paying ever more insurance for when the inevitable happens.

Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime, has got to be the biggest lie ever told by a politician. We have seen the social worker/liberal state allow ever more feral families to terrorise whole towns with their offspring causing untold havoc/crime sprees. It’s not working, why can’t we try three custodial sentences then it’s time to be removed from the human race, that way we might get on top of reoffending. The carrot doesn’t appear to be working so perhaps the stick or sticks formed into gallows might work.

allthepies
    Free Member

Get him to teach you how to wheelie/manual.

Scrotes can do this from birth.

yunki
    Free Member

@ benji
    I’m sorry but it’s just evolution.. David Attenborough may have stated recently that human evolution has stopped but it clearly hasn’t.. The human species is just branching as it has many times before throughout history..
    These feral families that you describe are just adapting and exploiting the environment, trapping hardworking, law abiding folk into a life of servitude..

adjustablewench
    Free Member

It will be interesting to hear the youth worker’s suggestions tonight after reading these!

Unfortunately as i was relegated from a nice bit of Sheffield to live one of the worst, I suspect said scotes family are the lowest of the low.

The brief leaflet referred to written apologies, doing something for the neighbourhood. I seriously can’t see either of those working.

There is a charity place nearby that renovates bicycles, but i am not sure he would get a real wake up call there (may just have articles from the Guardian read out in a stern but caring voice).

Ha ha – i don’t consider myself a fluffy bunny of peace and love – or a believer in sharia law . . . . but it would be nice to come up with something fitting,

Does anyone on here have anything to do with the trails at parksprings in shef? is it feasible to rope him in to help – or maybe reinforce a jump with him – makes a change from patio footings if nothing else!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

dd, lighten up, for heaven’s sake, you’ll give yourself an ulcer.

Oh, you were only joking? Just a keyboard warrior then. Moving on…

birky
    Free Member

binners

It’s not working, why can’t we try three custodial sentences then it’s time to be removed from the human race, that way we might get on top of reoffending.

Well that’s all well and good. At present we have a revolving door prison policy (as I described in my earlier post) .But it’d mean that we have to have a massive programme of prison building, that would cost countless billions (and would all be PFI’s so would just hand over all those billions to G4S). Then have you seen what it costs, per annum, to keep someone in prison?

The last figures I can find are from 2008. Building prisons is said to cost £119,000 for each place created. It then costs £40,000 per person, per year

I think we’re going to have to start being a bit more imaginative than that at reducing crime. Not that thats likely to happen

benji
    Free Member

😆 @Yunki you may have point, it feels like it somes days, oh well end of lunch, back to the grind and misery 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Three strikes and you’re out has worked wonders in America.

RustySpanner

Oh, ask if you can piss in his shoes.

As well as the trailbuilding.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

adjustablewench – Member
    Unfortunately as i was relegated from a nice bit of Sheffield to live one of the worst, I suspect said scotes family are the lowest of the low.

You’ve not moved to Whirlow?!!?!?! 😯

adjustablewench
    Free Member

No, not whirlow – don’t you have to be at the virtually comatose end stages of retirement to live in Whirlow?

soobalias
    Free Member

take a good long look

then explain that you only agreed to the charade so you could get a good look at them.

leave it at that.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

that probably wouldn’t be as effective for me personally – maybe if i had a big scary looking man at home who could stare at him menacingly for a bit – but I think that may make me feel slightly more vulnerable as a single mum.

D0NK

Get him to teach you how to wheelie/manual.

Scrotes can do this from birth.Well done! 😀

john_drummer
    Free Member

steal his bike and see how he likes it 😈

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I think from witness accounts he’s a fairly chunky lad – i suspect he doesn’t ride around these parts – or anywhere else for that matter.

scandal42
    Free Member

Killing all criminals would be quite cheap if money is the issue.

benji
    Free Member

Well that’s all well and good. At present we have a revolving door prison policy (as I described in my earlier post) .But it’d mean that we have to have a massive programme of prison building, that would cost countless billions (and would all be PFI’s so would just hand over all those billions to G4S). Then have you seen what it costs, per annum, to keep someone in prison?

The last figures I can find are from 2008. Building prisons is said to cost £119,000 for each place created. It then costs £40,000 per person, per year

I think we’re going to have to start being a bit more imaginative than that at reducing crime. Not that thats likely to happen

No massive amount of prison building required, just a crematorium, third custodial, no nice cell, just a cheap injection followed by a cremation finish end of story.

binners

And there goes a display of said imaginative thinking. Really creative that chaps! Well done you! Somewhere there’s a think tank crying out for that type of creativity

Actually, depressingly… There’s probably a few

sugdenr
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

Three strikes and you’re out has worked wonders in America.

Posted 4 hours ago #Report-Post

except it hasn’t has it….”America has around 5% of the world’s population, and 25% of its prisoners. Roughly one in every 107 American adults is behind bars, a rate nearly five times that of Britain, seven times that of France and 24 times that of India.
    Its prison population has more than tripled since 1980.

Probably the biggest driver of this growth has been ever-harsher drug penalties.

Economist Article

stevestunts
    Free Member

Get a friend to phone you midway through your meeting, and pretend to be a crime overlord severely reprimanding a member of your staff who has called you to advise that they’ve not fulfilled the task you’d set them. Use a lot of curse words during this conversation. Get really animated, maybe get out of your seat and pace the room. Threaten to cut their Jacobs off. Perhaps adopt a Cockney accent, but only for the duration of phone call.

At the end of your meeting with the youth, simply conclude by looking him in the eye and saying, “I’ll find you.”

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Ha ha – like that, all though my chances of pulling off a cockney accent are slim..

Met the guy tonight who talked me through what may happen – I might get a chance to meet him and I might get a chance to send him somewhere to do a few hours work. But it all seemed very vague to be honest.

singletrackuk
    Free Member

What ever you do he wont give two sh*ts, put his name in the paper and he will be a celeb among his brain dead moron mates, could tag him but again it will be seen a trophy,only real way is getting through to the so called parents, but if there not arsed then your just pis*ing in the wind I’m afraid

TooTall
    Free Member

You could always try to go beyond many of the wet fart internet hard men on here and go with an open mind.

A few years ago I was asked to play a part in a reparation process for a local schoolkid that had gone a bit bad and done something stupid. Rather than the ‘eye for an eye’ Old Testament cobblers I decided to see what might be involved, what my part might be and understand some of the background of the kid involved. It was an interesting and informtive process that gave something back to the injured party (whom I represented) and gave the kid something to think about. From what I heard down the line, it did him some good.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Opinions on suitable punishments/lessons for wannabe thieving scrote’ is closed to new replies.