Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Opinions on removing BB30……
  • coopersport1
    Free Member

CAADX has BB30 …..all the usual issues with creaking and not last particularly long, I’d like to go from a double 36/46 to a single 42T, I live in Norfolk it’s very flat so unlikely ever need lower range and have plenty of scope to up the cassette size.

So do I use an FSA press in converter to keep options of chainset open ?(I’ve used one before on a Planet X N2A with no issues) although I have heard of a particular issue in fitting to a CAAD X due to some internal ridges in the BB shell??

or

As proper 1x Road chainsets are pretty limited to SRAM should I just us the Praxxis BB30 to GXP converter? Apex is off the cards because or odd chainring alignment/aftermarket ring availability. So would be a Rival one which I believe has better chain ring compatibility.

Anyone had good/bad experiences of either option?

theotherjonv

I have a Praxis in my pressfit MTB (BB92 I think) and can’t praise it highly enough. It also means you can push out bearings when they give up and reuse the Praxis shell (technically it invalidates the warranty but hey-ho – once bearings are shot you either have an in-warranty BB with shot bearings which aren’t a warranty item, or an out-of-warranty BB with bearings that work. Choices choices….)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Opinions on removing BB30……’ is closed to new replies.