Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Operataion Puerto – Doping – Resurfaces
  • midlifecrashes

Seems there have been deliberations going on all these years coming to a head over the next few days. UCI and WADA had appealed against the destruction of records and blood bags, court to rule on it this week or next. Any bets as to what will happen?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/12092102/Blood-samples-in-a-Barcelona-freezer-could-spark-biggest-ever-doping-scandal-as-Operation-Puerto-resurfaces.html

MoreCashThanDash

I’d love to see it all blown wide open, if for no other reason than it will show it isn’t just cycling.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

wake me up when something really happens….

lunge

I’d love to see it all blown wide open, if for no other reason than it will show it isn’t just cycling.

I couldn’t agree more with this, let’s see football, tennis or whatever else squirm for a while.

bumpy
    Free Member

Agreed.
    It would be fantastic to see how deep into it the Spanish football teams and tennis players ‘allegedly’ are.

Sadly though they’re both big-money sports so I imagine that it’ll all be swept under the carpet yet again.

nickc

never going to happen

peteimpreza

Given corruption is endemic in Spain from the Royal family downwards I doubt very much the truth will come out on this matter .

The only glimmer of hope is one of the royal family is going on trial today , lets see if this is the first breeze of the winds of change .

scruff9252

Is it coincidence that there is a 10 year statute of limitation, the bags being found 10 years ago and a decision being made this year whether or not to test them…

andyfla
    Free Member

I personally would love them to be tested even thought the statute of limitations has passed – I seem to remember the Spanish football team was rather good around that time and a rather bulky but very fast tennis player turned up from Majorca …..

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Given corruption is endemic in Spain from the Royal family downwards I doubt very much the truth will come out on this matter .

Does this mean that racism is endemic in the UK from Phil the Greek down?
    Hopefully we can finally see the extent of doping and finally make a new start. Having read a few cycling boks recently, Kimmage, O’Reilly and walsh to name a couple, it’s easy to see how cyclists were able to convince themselves or be convinced that doping wasn’t wrong. I still feel an amnesty is the best way to clean the slate, but that won’t stop people cheating.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’d not hold my breath. Spanish courts seem a bit of a joke when it comes to this sort of thing. Case of Heras being a good example that comes to mind.

mogrim

The only glimmer of hope is one of the royal family is going on trial today , lets see if this is the first breeze of the winds of change

Well, I suppose it’s the “first” breeze if you ignore the other 100s of corruption cases that are going through the courts at the moment.

andyfla
    Free Member

And rumour has it there will be another revelation about the IAAF and their collusion on drug taking this week – perhaps Jamaica and Kenya out of the Olympics ?

dragon
    Free Member

Well I think there is a bit of a great chance of it coming to something now Blatter and Platini are gone from FIFA.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Doubt we’ll ever see a “*” next to a World Cup Final result though.

dragon
    Free Member

There should be a * against 1954 World Cup winners for definite.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Operataion Puerto – Doping – Resurfaces’ is closed to new replies.